Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a trimmed brisket…..plus, what do you expect from buying precooked meat:shrug::rofl:
I have just smoked my first non-packer cut brisket. I was nervous and just not very hopeful.
It's pretty damn good. Beautiful smoke ring. Very tender and moist. And incredible flavor!
The flavor may be partially from not smoking a brisket since I stopped raising my own cattle. The quality of packer cuts at the store is poor IMHO. BIG huge head, but thin ass tails. A lot of that is breed related, but a good part is just how they were raised and then fed out.
Some breeds dress out quite different. I had cattle to make money and I had what I and the family ate.
My first cattle I raised were cheap little dairy calves that were bred with a Brahma for small calves for the heifers first calf. Tasty AF, but poor dressing out production.
Mom's neighbor had bought their daughter or son a registered SinBra for 4H. Simmental X Brahma. All was going good until it stepped on their foot and they got scared of her. He asked Mom if I wanted her, so I bought her. She was a great cow. Tall AF!!!!!!!!! She looked at me square in the eyes. Miss College Mound, her registered name, threw beautiful calves, so I bought another. I AI'd them with quality genes with a beautiful stretch Angus. The second or third calve was just a plain monster bull.....yeah, I didn't cut him. That fugger was MASSIVE! He had the tallness of his mom and the bulk and stretch of the donor. I butchered him at around 18 months. It was mainly from him getting a bit too aggressive around anyone but me......and he was sniffin' his Mom. I had two big freezers on the back porch. Empty, they would not have held him, so a neighbor bought half. He fed out quite well with unreal marbling and a great fat covering. It made for a very nice aging of the carcass before butchering up. I had them additionally dry age the prime rib.
I sorely miss that quality of meat!!! SORELY! If any of you have had quality raised and properly feed beef, you understand what I'm talking about. Just the lowest of low cuts, ground beef, takes on a new level of flavor. Even the ground meat from Mutt N Jeff, the two baby dairy calves, tasted like nothing in the store. Tacos was the first thing I made from Mutt N Jeff. As the browning of the meat progresses, ya take samples. Soooooo flavorful just by itself with no seasoning. Kinda made me rethink of how to season beef and bring out that 'beef' flavor.
That one massive Miss College Mound(named after a small community in the area of my Mom's neighbor) bull. almost made me change my operation and grow for a niche market. The initial outlay of capital for the mom genetics for a large enough operation and the LONG time wait for returns, put the quash on that. I made more money and quicker by buying a bunch of decent quality heifers and a good price, raise them and have my neighbor's very nice Brahma service them and sell 'em off as cow n calf pairs. MUCH quicker returns, but tricky AF to pull off well and profitable. I was lucky with the market swings for the most part. I quickly went from cattle auctions to private sales. I think I was able to negotiate a better and consistent deals that way. Sure cut down on my vet bills! Generally, private sale calves tended to be less problematic with health.

Anyway, enough of today's novel! :funny:
Do yourself a favor. Go find a rancher co-op local to you and buy some real quality beef. Yes, even without todays STUPID inflated prices, it will be expensive, but oh so worth it! And you'll be supporting real ranchers, not some big ass conglomerate!

Yes! I'm High AF!..................and hungry AF now after writing this!:funny::funny::funny::funny:

Well I found a hydro store about 1mile from my house....they were even growing weed in there....they didn't have sohum cannabis living soil so they said this stuff is way better...so they quit getting sohum.....it's called Mushrooms Naturally full cycle living soil....I also bought some soft wire to do some training with....I'm using the soil to top the veg tent pots off....View attachment 1539139View attachment 1539140
I want to try some Sohum, but the closest is 90min away and I'm not paying stupid shipping.
Maybe some day

Good Morfnoevight All you TGIF Stoners.
8eg8.gif

It's going...... trying to figure out where to start need to get a bunch done today and capitalize on the day off.... got to make food for the girls got some pvc to plump my rez a little different hopefully to stir/mix better.. Plus make a stand for the solo so I don't have to move her to empty bucket.... I got a bunch on mango smile larf from a buddy for free for me to press so I would like to get to that today need clean it up little lots of water leaves on it still.... plus all the normal chores and cleanig up the basement its a disaster zone :poof:

so side question I making a manifold to stir my rez with pvc and I put it together with pvc primer and glue.. I let it set out and dry plus rinsing/cleaning extremely well but now I am wondering if the glue could leech any toxic chemicals into the rez? :shrug:View attachment 1539124
It is safe for drinking water after cured so I believe you are good.

Won't be around much as I have a gig today.

Quick question… I noticed my drying buds have some early istances of mold… I now took all them off and put on an open space to air them… there is something else I can do to save them?…
Thanks…

It is safe for drinking water after cured so I believe you are good.

Won't be around much as I have a gig today.
Thanks buddy after I posted and thought more about it I should have known that it:doh: I worry too much so I'm going to let it cure extra long 48 hr and clean thoroughly just to be safe :thanks::pass:

Quick question… I noticed my drying buds have some early istances of mold… I now took all them off and put on an open space to air them… there is something else I can do to save them?…
Thanks…

I would cut out the moldy area's and try to salvage what isn't infected look it over very good it will spread like wild fire I do believe... Also probably thoroughly wash in a h202 bath BUT wait for someone more experienced to answer I haven't dealt with this much... Can we get some pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back