Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's your fixing coming along? Been absent this week...Hopefully fixed and done?
My clean up part is almost done. The Vet group is working with the guy that's gonna do the repairs and they are trying to get donations of material or money. I've got the ducting closed off at the break to heat half the house, with my main bedroom door cracked for return air and exposure to the thermostat controls. Return and thermostat are just outside the bedroom door. I've just been using it in the mornings to take the chill out of the rest of the house and have a small radiator heater in my bedroom to maintain temps in the main bedroom the rest of the time. It doesn't stay on too long with the much higher air flow with about half the system shut off. LOL!
I think all will be started and done sometime next week.

thanks again buddy smoking and I’m off

What’s the beef with shark bite fittings?… I used some in my house with the pex I’ve never had a issue with them just at the end of line shutoff valves

Too many failures. Contractors and plumbers use them because they are really fast and easy. Much better systems to use that stretch the pex out a little and then it shrinks back onto the fittings and them mechanically clamped. Pm me if you want more info

thanks again buddy smoking and I’m off

What’s the beef with shark bite fittings?… I used some in my house with the pex I’ve never had a issue with them just at the end of line shutoff valves
Pex really doesn't heat up and expand much like copper. Repeated heat cycles eventually causes it to leak.

My clean up part is almost done. The Vet group is working with the guy that's gonna do the repairs and they are trying to get donations of material or money. I've got the ducting closed off at the break to heat half the house, with my main bedroom door cracked for return air and exposure to the thermostat controls. Return and thermostat are just outside the bedroom door. I've just been using it in the mornings to take the chill out of the rest of the house and have a small radiator heater in my bedroom to maintain temps in the main bedroom the rest of the time. It doesn't stay on too long with the much higher air flow with about half the system shut off. LOL!
I think all will be started and done sometime next week.

Great that those guys are helping you out!!! Glad it's moving forward for ya!

Pex really doesn't heat up and expand much like copper. Repeated heat cycles eventually causes it to leak.

It doesnt use heat. It's mechanically expanded

Edit: Sorry Bill, not sure if that one was directed at me or Dale. Not often I can Wake and bake!!!

Last edited:
Too many failures. Contractors and plumbers use them because they are really fast and easy. Much better systems to use that stretch the pex out a little and then it shrinks back onto the fittings and them mechanically clamped. Pm me if you want more info

thanks guys I only have a hand of them… And where they are I’m not too worried… I used crimping style in under cabinets and walls… shark bite were just a few add ons for the grow and aquariums.. mainly stuff in the basement

Well for only $3 this mushroom compost from Lowe’s is some good stuff! Shows how stoned I stay that I didn’t realize I hadn’t put some holes in my bottle I used as a dome and let rh get a bit too high! :yoinks:
4683E3D1-2D52-4ADD-8FD1-E23F7A0F0034.jpeg
D4C1CD4C-4F98-4FD2-9792-EDD53B1474E7.jpeg

Gonna give it til maybe tomorrow and if 2nd bloodstone isn’t up I’ll drop another cuz want 2 in the pot since auto regs! Don’t wanna just do 1 and have it be a male! With 2 I at least double my odds! :thumbsup:

Other 2 autos still moving along! Gonna add lil food next or I’ll topdress a small dose of craft blend and castings to give em a pick me up! Was gonna use the GLB stuff but didn’t realize I was gonna have such a wide window of age differences in these plants and all on same reservoir! :cooldance:

Blue dog
7CF04A51-B3A9-4DFA-9E29-33381D54A9D8.jpeg

Witch Dr Anvil
AFB4C71E-F0A7-4778-8B87-BEEE32C7ABC1.jpeg

She’s getting tall and the secondary branches all growing in a way that think I may supercrop her so lowers stretch some more and I’ll pull them down and open! Then again maybe don’t wanna widen her since I have 4 pots in the 2x4! They are already long enough but growing at an extreme upward angle so staying tight on main stem! Less width means won’t put its neighbor pot in the shadows so quickly! :toke::smokeit:

It doesnt use heat. It's mechanically expanded

Edit: Sorry Bill, not sure if that one was directed at me or Dale. Not often I can Wake and bake!!!
Yeah, I'm talking about the normal heat cycles the joint goes thru with normal usage.

I just wanted to say joint. :eyebrows: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back