Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might not be what kitty is thinking... :biggrin:

A former, late, cat of hours spent about six years watching squirrels on our deck. Tried to get them many a time over those years. Then after years of trying, he got the first one, proudly brought it indoors while doing an odd growl/meow to announce the long sought for success. He must have finally figured something out, because the following morning, we heard the growl/meow, and there he was with the second one. Was he proud? Most cat owners would say so. :pighug::biggrin:

I THINK KARMA SAID
il_fullxfull.1001422088_5ge6.jpg

Thanks I agree keep trying to figure out if I want a earth box or blumats for soil girls but not sure how I would use that with the CoM top-dress schedule.... So then I think I wanna go all coco :shrug::wall::joy::goodluck:
I've tried several designs of sub-irrigation including variations with auto valves, with soil, soil-less, and coco. I am for now back to coco, but with automatic top irrigation. If it works as well as it did with my first solo run, I will likely stick with coco and top irrigation for my indoor canna grow.

The problem with soil for me is that if (or in my case it seems when) something goes sideways it is near impossible to do anything smart about it because there is no way of knowing what is still left in the soil mix that will screw with nute balance. To add to that issue, I have always had problems late in sub-irrigation with salt nutes due apparently to salt buildup. Water-only grows sort this issue, but add the nute balance issue with soil. Sigh. For now it is back to coco where shit can be corrected, and top irrigation, which avoids salt buildup. Pretty much boils down to better control of a grow. Different strokes eh? :pighug:

I've tried several designs of sub-irrigation including variations with auto valves, with soil, soil-less, and coco. I am for now back to coco, but with automatic top irrigation. If it works as well as it did with my first solo run, I will likely stick with coco and top irrigation for my indoor canna grow.

The problem with soil for me is that if (or in my case it seems when) something goes sideways it is near impossible to do anything smart about it because there is no way of knowing what is still left in the soil mix that will screw with nute balance. To add to that issue, I have always had problems late in sub-irrigation with salt nutes due apparently to salt buildup. Water-only grows sort this issue, but add the nute balance issue with soil. Sigh. For now it is back to coco where shit can be corrected, and top irrigation, which avoids salt buildup. Pretty much boils down to better control of a grow. Different strokes eh? :pighug:

:yeahthat: I haven't done it to your existent but that is what i like about coco much easier for me to cut nitrogen in late flower too and bad watering habits coco is much more forgiving to my overwatering habits :eek1::doh::rofl::rofl::rofl: also tired of checking ph everyday though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back