Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debated trimming for a few minutes last night, then decided to see if I could figure out something to fill the 15" gap where the trash compactor is. HD had 15" *standard* cabinets in stocks, sweet. None in unfinished but meh we're already gonna be sanding. Went and bought one, got the compactor out in like 30 seconds.
20221111_193048.jpg
20221111_193312.jpg
20221111_193523.jpg

They had put a cleat in to hold the counter and to attach the other cabinets to, so I couldn't slide it back all the way but I looked at it and was immediately like yeah no that's not gonna work lol. Drawer face and cabinet door both totally different sizes, and for some stupid reason apparently they've made the standard toe kicks like an inch taller than they used to be :face: so I Boxed it back up and it's in the back seat to be returned, boo. After hours of staring and searching and staring and pondering and searching some more it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get anything prefabricated to fit the space :dammit: would love to do a 3 drawer base but they only come in 18" or 24". If I took the small cabinet next to the space out I'd have space for a 24" but it'd leave a 3" gap and I don't want to do that either lol. So at this point my options are Replace all of the base cabinets or custom build something to fit that particular space. Hubby wants to do neither and said he could sand and stain the interior of the cavity and we could just leave the regular trash can in there. Ugh, even worse lol. After further pondering I'm thinking perhaps one of those kitchen cart/rolling island/prep table things would be perfect. 15x24x35ish would slide in and fit just right.... of course everything I find is the wrong size :wall:
One would think with the number of homes that were built with built in compactors in the 80s/90s that there would be a market for things the correct dimensions to fit that space. I have zero use for a wine cooler, and replacing the compactor with a modern model would be the same cost as replacing all of the base cabinets :face: I'd like to still be able to use the space for garbage since it really is in the perfect spot (since we food prep on the counter above it) and just ugh. I do think I'm probably going to end up having to build my own solution which is annoying cause I was hoping for an easy fix on this one. Oh well. At least the compactor is gone :rofl: I had assumed that the gross musty smell was just from having trash in there but it seems that the entire compactor unit just has an aroma of rotting corpse. Hubby is gonna have a blast taking that to the dump this week :rofl:

Last edited:
Nice setup Dale. I wish I could do some kind of auto watering, but nothing fits the bill, since I top dress dry food.
Thanks I agree keep trying to figure out if I want a earth box or blumats for soil girls but not sure how I would use that with the CoM top-dress schedule.... So then I think I wanna go all coco :shrug::wall::joy::goodluck:

If I had left the growing in hubby's hands we would be buying still :rofl: task initiation isn't his strong suit
In your case, the question is can he trim. :pighug: :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back