Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol thanks for the rep @Badfinger! I feel bad cause she loves dance and doesn't want to quit but this particular teacher really gets under her skin and it makes getting her ready to go a whole ordeal. I know it's just a part of it but at the same time I hate seeing her so reluctant to go do something she really enjoys. I guess it's good she gets used to it now but damn you'd think they would have someone a little less intense working with the youngest level girls in the preprofessional school. She's 8 and she has really bad anxiety and has recently decided she doesn't want to take her meds currently so it's been a bit of a struggle even though she generally does a good job using coping strategies on her own.
Any other dance schools around? I have to say, my girls loved their teachers. But it sucks when your kids in something and a major part of it is a big downer.

Any other dance schools around? I have to say, my girls loved their teachers. But it sucks when your kids in something and a major part of it is a big downer.
Not preprofessional, no. She wants to go to SAB in the next 4-6 years because she wants to dance in the NYC ballet or the ABT eventually. She loves it, she just doesn't mesh with this particular teacher. She's generally fine the other 3 days she goes and she's fine once she's dressed, I think it's just an anticipation thing. She loves her school otherwise, she's just not used to having a teacher that strict. But if she's serious about pursuing a career in dance this definitely won't be the last strict teacher she has to deal with.

Not preprofessional, no. She wants to go to SAB in the next 4-6 years because she wants to dance in the NYC ballet or the ABT eventually. She loves it, she just doesn't mesh with this particular teacher. She's generally fine the other 3 days she goes and she's fine once she's dressed, I think it's just an anticipation thing. She loves her school otherwise, she's just not used to having a teacher that strict. But if she's serious about pursuing a career in dance this definitely won't be the last strict teacher she has to deal with.
You have to have a good relationship with a teacher to excel in anything. Or keep your daughter convinced this is just one level of the journey, she wont have her forever.

My son..when he was younger.....Metabolic rate off the scale......:chef:...feed him day and night and he still looked like a skinned rabbit....
That has a habit of catching up later when the metabolic rate relaxes a tad. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back