Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fermented_Fruitz , I plan to put the light on a timer and run the UV the recommended 2 hrs a day, now the IR is a bit more tricky, they recommend 15 min. before lights on, and 15 min. after lights off. I would have to do this manually, which would be a royal pain in the ass, since I do a 18/6 light schedule. My lights come on at 4 a.m. and go out at 10 p.m.
Needless to say, there aint a chance in hell I'm gonna get up every day at 3:30 a.m. to run a light for 15 minutes. MH can kiss my hairy old ass on that one.
I'll just turn them on for 15 minutes when I'm in the room and meets my schedule.
U dont need to do that! What u do is set an alarm so that after the ir runs for the 15 min before lights on and shuts itself off u switch to uv! Then when next timer turns it on its just already set so it’s the uv running and then set a 2nd alarm sometime between when that shuts off and when ir is needed again and just flip switch! Then u don’t need to be awake at 3:15am you will just need to remember what the alarm is for so u can have it already flipped to right setting when timer turns it on! :d5:

I was already thinking of this method earlier but didn’t think you’d wanna go thru the hassle! Especially since my stoner ass always forgets what my alarms are for! Even my 1 that went off daily to burp jars i would hear it go off and turn it off but forget i was supposed to do something when i heard alarm and it was 1 that went off every damn day! :doh::crying:

That all you run the ir bar for is 15 min b4 and after lights out? And uv for 2hr? Weird...Hlg recommend 12hr at 24in above canopy....I only use it for 8hr 15 min intervals...my other uv ir bar I run the whole 18/6 no issues....but if that's what they recommend go for it....
They prob recommend that so your light burns out faster and u buy a replacement! I know even @Talonxracer with his custom made red and uv strips think he does the ir for 15min before and after lights out to initiate the emerson effect which is supposed to speed up bloom among other thing! UV he runs right in the middle part of his lights on schedule but pretty sure its only a couple hours!

And please tell me u don’t have that uv/ir combo strip u shared running that weird schedule based off that hlg recommendation of 12hrs? Big difference in a UV-A strip vs a generic UV strip with IR on it! Not to mention what nm are the reds on it? Thats also an important part to adding in an infrared spectrum! ;)

They prob recommend that so your light burns out faster and u buy a replacement! I know even @Talonxracer with his custom made red and uv strips think he does the ir for 15min before and after lights out to initiate the emerson effect which is supposed to speed up bloom among other thing! UV he runs right in the middle part of his lights on schedule but pretty sure its only a couple hours!

And please tell me u don’t have that uv/ir combo strip u shared running that weird schedule based off that hlg recommendation of 12hrs? Big difference in a UV-A strip vs a generic UV strip with IR on it! Not to mention what nm are the reds on it? Thats also an important part to adding in an infrared spectrum! ;)
No just let it go....I'll get another timer for it....like I said I run the HLG 15 m8n on 15min off total 8hours....I got the idea from Drownomatic......the ir uv bar I run the whole time lights are on.....guess I'll cut it back to a few hours a day.....

Since he's not around I found it I know he runs 18/6 so his UVA is running for 10 hrs mid day.. I run mine like @Dankerson and @Cooterjuice recommended that was 12 for photo's and 18 for auto's during flower :shrug: pretty sure HLG says 12 cause they assume photo's and you only need it during flower so you should be running 12/12:shrug:

1690737896930.png

Since he's not around I found it I know he runs 18/6 so his UVA is running for 10 hrs mid day.. I run mine like @Dankerson and @Cooterjuice recommended that was 12 for photo's and 18 for auto's during flower :shrug: pretty sure HLG says 12 cause they assume photo's and you only need it during flower so you should be running 12/12:shrug:

View attachment 1619847
So I should be running it the whole 18/6 the hlg uva? For autoflowers? I give 15 min breaks to help leaves cool down....this idea came from Drownomatic

So I should be running it the whole 18/6 the hlg uva? For autoflowers? I give 15 min breaks to help leaves cool down....this idea came from Drownomatic
I do but I don't know if it's right seems like everyone does it their own way... I even run it in veg :gassy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back