Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I seen the discussion on ir and uv on the same supplement bars...I have one that has LG uv and Cree far red diodes....on the same bar...I run it with my marshydro fc3000 on 18/6 cycle....and I don't see an issue...if anything I get better buds when I use it....I've done both with and without....it does seem to help....i dont use it till early flower....View attachment 1619814
No it was not the same bars! Yours is an HLG and ones being discussed were mars hydro and they are a bit different! Yours i am not sure if they always run both diodes lit up but the mars u can pick which ones are lit up but the controller type on it is weird and doesn’t operate the way @Badfinger expected when he bought them! Plus its 2 strips for the mars hydro vs HLG being one so 2X the light obviously but both strips have to be lit up same and can’t have as 1 UV and 1 IR!

what model of fc3000 do you have? MH had UV/IR on their models a year ago (I have a fce4800 that has it), but you can't control it they run whenever the light is on. Their newer models do not have UV/IR but they make additional bars that you can control. Assumedly this is because research showed that running UV/IR fulltime causes a lot of stress. I can't run my FCE4800 over 75% without getting light stress, but my Fc6500 with no UV IR I can pump to 100% with no issues.
I got my FC-3000 running full blast currently maybe some light stress but I don't think so I think it's nute burn.. I am sure you know this but it also depends on the type of UV..

Pretty sure a bunch of growers run the UVA lights with the main grow light I do but I could very well be doing it wrong :baked: :doh:

No it was not the same bars! Yours is an HLG and ones being discussed were mars hydro and they are a bit different! Yours i am not sure if they always run both diodes lit up but the mars u can pick which ones are lit up but the controller type on it is weird and doesn’t operate the way @Badfinger expected when he bought them! Plus its 2 strips for the mars hydro vs HLG being one so 2X the light obviously but both strips have to be lit up same and can’t have as 1 UV and 1 IR!

The HLG bars are UVA ONLY :d5:

what model of fc3000 do you have? MH had UV/IR on their models a year ago (I have a fce4800 that has it), but you can't control it they run whenever the light is on. Their newer models do not have UV/IR but they make additional bars that you can control. Assumedly this is because research showed that running UV/IR fulltime causes a lot of stress. I can't run my FCE4800 over 75% without getting light stress, but my Fc6500 with no UV IR I can pump to 100% with no issues.
Same I run mine below 75% but I keep the ir uv bar on also but...I'm not getting any stress on my plants from it....

I got my FC-3000 running full blast currently maybe some light stress but I don't think so I think it's nute burn.. I am sure you know this but it also depends on the type of UV..

Pretty sure a bunch of growers run the UVA lights with the main grow light I do but I could very well be doing it wrong :baked: :doh:
I run mine with the 650r...but I give my plant 15min break intervals...so it doesn't stress them out....really they are getting 8hr of uva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back