Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a great day monkeys!
aladdin-and-the-king-of-thieves-abu.gif

So I seen the discussion on ir and uv on the same supplement bars...I have one that has LG uv and Cree far red diodes....on the same bar...I run it with my marshydro fc3000 on 18/6 cycle....and I don't see an issue...if anything I get better buds when I use it....I've done both with and without....it does seem to help....i dont use it till early flower....
20230729_210331.jpg

I don't see how it can make a difference when most led lights have ir far red and uv....and all on at the same time....I cant shut off the ir or uv on my fc3000....let alone on any of my lights...and I run my hlg uva bar at 18/6 15min on 15min off on its own timer....

I was thinking since their only in a 2x4 tent, with a separate controller, I would just use one bar for UV and the other bar for IR. They were designed with their FC bar lights in mind, so the two strips are probably over rated for my size tent, that was my thought.
If using one bar at a time works for you, you can just use two power supplies, if MH will sell you one. :goodluck:

I don't see how it can make a difference when most led lights have ir far red and uv....and all on at the same time....I cant shut off the ir or uv on my fc3000....let alone on any of my lights...and I run my hlg uva bar at 18/6 15min on 15min off on its own timer....
what model of fc3000 do you have? MH had UV/IR on their models a year ago (I have a fce4800 that has it), but you can't control it they run whenever the light is on. Their newer models do not have UV/IR but they make additional bars that you can control. Assumedly this is because research showed that running UV/IR fulltime causes a lot of stress. I can't run my FCE4800 over 75% without getting light stress, but my Fc6500 with no UV IR I can pump to 100% with no issues.

I don't see how it can make a difference when most led lights have ir far red and uv
It's the amount of the specfic color they are for growers that may not have UV or IR in there lights or growers that want more of that part of the spectrum.. The different colors affect the plant in different ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back