Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
20% of autos at multiverse right now
Screenshot_20230729-163724.png

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Caturday Live Stoners!

_DSC5692.JPG

Did you say "Crunchies"? Anu's daily dental treat (Ssshhh she doesn't know they are good for her :rofl:).

Nice list! Is that online or a local shop?

We have several small local chains here but I've only found one I consistently like. All their coffee is excellent and they get fresh "seasonal" rotations from loads of exotic far off places. I have noticed the really good stuff has crossed into the $30/lb range. The regular is still great at $20/lb and with grocery store coffee either shrinking the bag, pushing $15/lb, or turning into total burned crap eh, I'll be sticking to the fancy stuff.

How do you like to brew? I'm a chemex/V60 fan at the moment. Used to be only French Press but the chemex made some of the more subtle flavors more noticeable to me and I can't smell or taste worth a darn.

This is the place: https://www.sunergoscoffee.com/
You surely know I am a coffee snob?

Sweet Marias.com 11 pounds of green coffee beans from all over the world delivered for $84.17 less than $8 a pound. YMMV since I only live a couple of hundred miles from them in Oakland CA, USA , I blend then roast in a drum roaster 226g at a time. This will yield 10 beverages per roast, I do two roasts at a time. First a Brazil/Central America and/or Island blend roasted Fullcity to Fullcity+, then an African continent blend roasted Fullcity+ to Vienna. The coffee changes character as it off gasses over a 10 day period. The Brazil blends roasted lighter will be less bright and ready to drink sooner than the dark roasted Africans. So we start with the light roast the day after roasting Ms. MOG has a Latte, or Cappuccino and I have a Long Black Espresso. Oh yeah did I mention the grinder? Your coffee grinder is the most important piece of equipment in a good cup of coffee's life! I have this one from Baratza. They make an upgrade with built in scale, I wish i had bought that one but money was tight when the old one died.

2023-07-29_13-14-40.png

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Caturday Live Stoners!

View attachment 1619476
Did you say "Crunchies"? Anu's daily dental treat (Ssshhh she doesn't know they are good for her :rofl:).

You surely know I am a coffee snob?

Sweet Marias.com 11 pounds of green coffee beans from all over the world delivered for $84.17 less than $8 a pound. YMMV since I only live a couple of hundred miles from them in Oakland CA, USA , I blend then roast in a drum roaster 226g at a time. This will yield 10 beverages per roast, I do two roasts at a time. First a Brazil/Central America and/or Island blend roasted Fullcity to Fullcity+, then an African continent blend roasted Fullcity+ to Vienna. The coffee changes character as it off gasses over a 10 day period. The Brazil blends roasted lighter will be less bright and ready to drink sooner than the dark roasted Africans. So we start with the light roast the day after roasting Ms. MOG has a Latte, or Cappuccino and I have a Long Black Espresso. Oh yeah did I mention the grinder? Your coffee grinder is the most important piece of equipment in a good cup of coffee's life! I have this one from Baratza. They make an upgrade with built in scale, I wish i had bought that one but money was tight when the old one died.

View attachment 1619490
Good thing i am not much for coffee! At them prices i would be stuck with the $10 drip pot and some folgers from Walmart! :yoinks: :rofl:

Haha thanks again @JP1 ……:d5:…….
Fingers crossed!!!! :headbang:

Haha thanks again @JP1 ……:d5:…….
Fingers crossed!!!! :headbang:

He's been real good the past month or so. Woulda much rather dumped scherzer

Good thing i am not much for coffee! At them prices i would be stuck with the $10 drip pot and some folgers from Walmart! :yoinks: :rofl:
Well it breaks down to 39 cents per beverage for coffee. The best coffee! What do they charge for a double shot these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back