Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now!!! Good evening to everyone!

:smokeout:
Was lucky as my parents took me to loads of shows as a kid. Saw pretty much all the mid to late 70's bands that were popular and started goin to punk shows solo when I was 12 and regular shows when I was 13. Dead, Stones, Zeppelin, Zappa, Floyd(Then wall) made them take me to Maiden (piece of Mind) etc....Still travel to go see shows on the regular. Saw Queens of the Stone Age last month, the Oh Sees, Corrosion of Conformity, Clutch and several other bands over the summer

here'z to hopin all my classic rockin, headbangin afn brethren had a good first day of fall....u know who u are! :headbang: ppp

I wouldnt understand either, Motown was magical. I just have a hard time accepting rap. I dont know if I hit a wall with music, or I just think being a instrument player is just as important as writing lyrics. I can only hear the same thumb thumb thumb in any rap song. Guess the advancement of music just passed me by one day.
Natural progression. Parents are offended by their kids ruining their music. Eventually we all end up appreciating what we grew up on for one reason or another :pass:

I wouldnt understand either, Motown was magical. I just have a hard time accepting rap. I dont know if I hit a wall with music, or I just think being a instrument player is just as important as writing lyrics. I can only hear the same thumb thumb thumb in any rap song. Guess the advancement of music just passed me by one day.

That's my main problem with rap, no instruments! No instruments=not music! Not to mention the majority of lyrical content if you want to call it that...Love some Motown!!! Do the tour occasionally whenever I end up in Detroit

Natural progression. Parents are offended by their kids ruining their music. Eventually we all end up appreciating what we grew up on for one reason or another :pass:
I'm sure that explains my love of 60's music, from moms a.m. radio in the kitchen every morning when I'd wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back