Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran into this guy while out for our morning walk. He's one of the up and comers in the neighborhood. We haven't seen the big big guy for a couple of months, maybe the wolves got him. It's fun to watch them grow year to year.View attachment 1631106
He looks like he's about 4 or 5 years old........ Maybe 5 or 6! Very prime buck!

My pop and I chased one for 4 years. He was a standout the first year we saw him! He was in velvet and that really nice twelve-point spread looked extremely massive! :eyebrows: :crying:

The odd thing with him, the first two years the only time we saw him was at night! This was on our year round lease and we went there many times of the year. When we were down there bird hunting, I would devote some of my time to the areas we always saw him in to try and find where he was bedding down.
I found it and the next year he moved! Ahhhhhh, but He moved to the wrong area!:eyebrows: I scared him out of his bed when I was going to my stand one early morning. I never saw him the rest of the entire day!
I told Pop and our hunting partner That I was sleeping in and will go to my stand later in the morning. Both of them want to hunt my stand early morning and I told them to stay the F away or I will beat their old asses!:crying::crying::crying:

My plan was Real Simple. It was early season in the rut was still going on. I had an active deer scrape about 150 yards from my stand. I had seen many does stop by and do their thing. It seems like when there is a full moon or a lot of night light , the big Bucks tend to sleep in a bit and then start moving around anywhere from 10:00AM to 1PM.............mid day! I was hoping he'd get up, find a little bite to eat anything come over and check the scrape! That meant I didn't have to get up well before sunrise and walk to my stand in the dark.
Well, the two old farts took off and honored my request. I left out about 8:30 and took a wide berth to my stand. About 10:00AM I spotted a real nice doe moseying it up to the scrape. And she kept looking over her shoulder!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows: And guess who I saw coming out of the bushes!!!!! In typical buck in rut fashion, He had his nose to the ground until he got close to her! Before he could make his move, I downed him with one shot.
I took a heart shot because I wanted a big wall mount for him! I paid for the mounting myself and that taxidermy fee was ridiculously large for this 15 year old kid.
Pop was just proud as he could be! I could never figure out why Mom sold it while I was in the military. She was with us several times when we spotted him early on. The one that named him Bucky Boy....... Yeah I know corny as hell. She was in the garage sales at the time. I think she miss must have got caught up in it. She did sell a whole bunch of other things that I had as a kid. Some were actually quite valuable................. Comics in my baseball card collection.

As you may be able to tell, that's some really good oil!!! :eyebrows: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Time to get down to business!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
The Multiverse shipment came in with the replacement Vidamints!
Freebies are............. Humboldt Emerald Fire Auto and Atlas Seeds Grease Gun!
It's now shake shake shake time in a rolled up piece of sandpaper for Strawberry Biscotti and good old Vidamints and into some water. That's the easy part.

The Earth boxes and the occupied big pots in the 4X4 tent will get their top dressings. What's all the top dressings have been laid out, they will get watered in with Water with surfactant, a little bit of recharge and some soluble Great White Myco's. i'm not gonna fully bring up the moisture level on the big pots, but they do need the moisture level brought up some what to keep microbial activity going well.

One of the Benefits of using the BAS Volcanic Tuff To control fungus gnats, it did help keep the moisture level in the upper strata of the media more even for a longer period of time In the Rain Science three gallon pots. It should work even better with this run since there's no damn gnats!

Lunch break! ;) :eyebrows::lildab:
image.jpg

In the bin is blue microverse X sour hound #2! Need to get out the flashlight to be double safe cuz had a branch flop over and was laying on floor and them floor buds had def rot spots and pretty sure i trimmed em all off when i tied branch up but wanna be positive! :thumbsup:
image.jpg
image.jpg

MedCzech’s ManCave Fall Grow
🪴🪴🍁🍁🪴🪴🍁🍁🪴🪴🍁🍁🪴🪴

Transplant day ✅

All safe and tucked in for a long journey to harvest day…

IMG_8710.jpeg

I had some help from Otis 🐈 ‼️

IMG_8711.jpeg

IMG_8712.jpeg

I watered them in about an hour later after they settled in. All looking very happy.

Temps at 80F and RH around 70% right now. RO water. Their first nutrients won’t come until day 21 in about 2 weeks. There are already some goodies in there to tide them over. 👍🪴🪴

Peace ☮️ love 💕 and happiness 😃 to All ‼️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back