Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the farmers almanac says we're supposed to be in for a very rough winter ahead. Lots of snow and some extreme cold weather ahead so it says.
i wouldn't listen to the farmers.
The ones round here are ignorent Wankers and lien bastards.

i wouldn't listen to the farmers.
The ones round here are ignorent Wankers and lien bastards.
I guess there are natural signs such as the fog in August n September, wild life squirrels packing heavy with food for the winter and the birds flying south early and the bands on the monarch caterpillars being more black then brown apparently point towards the winter ahead. Of course here in Michigan they pretty much say every winter is going to be bad lol.

So the farmers almanac says we're supposed to be in for a very rough winter ahead. Lots of snow and some extreme cold weather ahead so it says.

Wonderful............ :pass: ........I tend to believe the farmer forecasts..........

September heat wave. Keep your plants hydrated. Give them 8 glasses of water every day no matter how old they are or what size pot they are in. Now that doesn't make sense. Why do "they" recommend that for humans? Give them water before they are thirsty? It sounds like someone hired someone to prove it. And that is the problem with doing internet research.
"The root zone temperature is the Most important factor......" means that they sell a soil warming system. Try turning off the lights for a few days and see what happens. It took a long time to finally get some answers.
So, I found out from university research papers, and other sources that were purely science based, that the root zone temperature is a big deal. Not the only deal, but an important part of the puzzle.
My plants look very happy. One thing that I may have overlooked was that the rainwater I have been collecting should not be left in the hot sun. Now I collect it and store it in the cellar where it is cooler. I also added an air stone to the water tank (autopots). The pump draws 0.5W. I know that warm and stagnant water loses oxygen quickly. Fish hate it so I'm sure the plants do too.

IMG_20230905_061152430.jpg
IMG_20230905_061207513.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back