Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure there's no option for that in the Admin panel - it would probably be a custom plugin if it could be done.

Lemme just ask my GPT what it thinks ^_^
:passit:

Edit: it doesn't sound so bad .. here's the steps involved

Steps to Create the Plugin​

1. Environment Setup: Make sure you have a local or test environment set up for your XenForo forum to test the plugin.
  2. Database Alterations: You might need to make some database alterations if you're storing metadata about the forwarded posts.
  3. Backend Logic: This is where the bulk of your PHP code will go.
  4. Frontend Interface: This could be a simple button near each post to forward it, along with some JavaScript to handle the UI.
  5. Testing: Rigorous testing to make sure it doesn't break anything on the existing forum.
  6. Deployment: Once tested, the plugin can be installed on the live forum.
and we just need to mash this code and some other bits and peices together

This is the backend logic (we know how important thems are)

Code:
class YourPluginName_ControllerPublic_Thread extends XFCP_YourPluginName_ControllerPublic_Thread
{
    public function actionForward()
    {
        // Get the post ID and user ID
        $postId = $this->_input->filterSingle('post_id', XenForo_Input::UINT);
        $userId = XenForo_Visitor::getUserId();

// Check if the user is the thread creator
        if ($this->isThreadCreator($userId)) {
            // Logic to forward the post to the user's thread
            $this->forwardPostToThread($postId, $userId);
        }
    }

private function isThreadCreator($userId)
    {
        // Logic to check if the user is the thread creator
    }

private function forwardPostToThread($postId, $userId)
    {
        // Logic to forward the post
    }
}

And the front end interface (for yamming ( i wanna yamit with you ... I'm yammmin .... and i hope you like yammin toooo)

Code:
<!-- Add this in the post template loop -->
<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="forwardPost({$post.post_id})">Forward</a>

<script>
function forwardPost(postId) {
    // JavaScript code to trigger the backend logic
}
</script>

And i think thats about all there is too it - but i've gone as far as i can ... i'm at my limit!! :help: Hobbessseeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *shakes fist at the sky*

:bighug::pass:

Copy and paste it is then :dizzy::confused1::crying::crying::crying:

Copy and paste it is then :dizzy::confused1::crying::crying::crying:
When you put it that way :rofl: .. sounds like a minor inconvenience right??

I can write a crtl+c ..ctrl+v instructional along with opening web tabs and using a notepad if needed. I'm all about accessibility.
:gary: :pighug: :bighug::pass:

When you put it that way :rofl: .. sounds like a minor inconvenience right??

I can write a crtl+c ..ctrl+v instructional along with opening web tabs and using a notepad if needed. I'm all about accessibility.
:gary: :pighug: :bighug::pass:
Compared to all that code you posted yeah for sure made my head hurt this morning :eek2: I do like the theory though but think it would be almost same amount of work to forward to the threads you want as it would be just copying and pasting.. I only copy once paste multiple times and only upload videos and pics once to the most important thread

Happy Weekend. I turned off my TV for a few days and now my brain is working again.
I may be overthinking things again. The root zone temperature and its role in the uptake up calcium and other micronutrients. Soil temperature change when watering.
Looking back at my second grow I think I know what caused one of my plants, (the last one I transplanted), to stall out then stunt and turn purple. Maybe not the purple part but it was purple from stem to stern throughout the entire grow. The last pot was short on soil so I used some very cold soil from the garage to make up the difference. The seedling sat stuck in time for a least a week.
By the time I start the next grow the weather will be cold enough to make a difference. I should probably store some soil in a warm part of the house for future use.
Yellow leaves. Could it simply be root zone temperature? Too hot can cause problems too, yes?

Enjoy the weekend, I will have to think more about this and start a thread after the weekend. Have Fun! Be Safe!

WOW @PinkyNotTheBrain :yoinks:....that sucks.

No watter is the Fastest way to kill them.
Under 24 hours light they will survive...:shrug:...yo know mine are sometimes ner 10 hours light.

Seeds.....?............you had no regulars did you...so it had to be a hermie.....?
Thats the suspicion but theres also the chance, the Ugandan male was in the house . That was the only male in the house everything else was fem' d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back