Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, battlez are no more & in the proverbial nutshell -> "cultivatorz" = the artistz formerly known as "gladiatorz" :coffee: jus fully document a grow on afn from drop-to-dry weight & u too can be a member of the club :thumbsup: ppp
Cheers brother!
In my 7 years a member, you'd hope I had finished a grow.
Truth is, I'm sorted for gear, new stuff is nice but there will be many members here who would be better off with free stuff!
When you are just starting out you need all the breaks you can get.
My best "freebie" score to date though, was winning my 3 x SanLight S4W's in a facebook comp after the "Auto Warriors" interviewed them. I answered 3 questions, got them all right and was drawn out of a hat. The lights at the time were retailing a£500 a pop, so 3 of them was a £1500 score! I am still using them and they are fantastic lights, which use top of the range Osram LED chips.

Have the battles gone?
There was a point where things were going all "Pokemon" with battles etc and Bom & Pom got dust balled.
TBH I wasn't so enamored with the gladiator thing, so I didn't bother.
Sometimes it is nice to do your own thing.
Sometimes I just want to buy seeds, even when freebies are on offer, so I can just grow my selection.
I have tested products in the past for AFN and even lead a test team for Northern Grow Lights now "HGL" whilst also testing seeds for "Dinafem" and "Optic Foliar".
3 tests one thread.
I have more LED lights than I know what to do with, a few which need to be got rid of but they produced well in the past so I hang on to them, just in case.
I also have more seeds than I will ever grow, many many free tester beans, beans I have bought and a ton of freebies.
I have been out of the loop for a while and I guess there is some catching up to do.

Ah tapatalk I guess, I need a PC to look at, my eyes aint so great reading on a smart phone, with that tiny text.

I'm guessing "Cultivators Club" is the new home for all thing testing like beans and gear?

Poor guy with the bud rot, all that time and energy and for nothing, I truly feel for the guy.
Yup yup...
It is the worst.. so close to jar
He did mention frosty strains fastbuds as a backup.

It is nice buying something now and again.
I’m broke for the Foreseeable future lmao..
Maybe I’ll get lucky and strike it rich one day.
I Should send you something to work your micro grow magic on :crying: Would be an interesting journey 30 down to 11 in 5 gal fabric pot seems to have kept them around 6ft this time.
Need to do a male run. They’re hard to find usually and I killed a bunch this go. But that could just be something that worked itself out from the first couple dustings.
The f1 males pollen wouldn’t work on shit lol and if it did go it was only ever a couple beans that’d take. Very Thai geno/pheno is my guess

Cheers brother!
Truth is, I'm sorted for gear, new stuff is nice but there will be many members here who would be better off with free stuff!
My best "freebie" score to date though, was winning my 3 x SanLight S4W's in a facebook comp after the "Auto Warriors" interviewed them. I answered 3 questions, got them all right and was drawn out of a hat. The lights at the time were retailing a£500 a pop, so 3 of them was a £1500 score! I am still using them and they are fantastic lights, which use top of the range Osram LED chips.
Slick!!!

So when we firing up the squad and stirring up the interviews again lol
God I can barely sleep nowadays if I wanna do anything other than chasing the rugrat around

Side note
This mule fuel is super frosty and gas! Plus I got a seed or two.. nicely nicely bordering on the small side but it may take..
image.jpg

Camera picture is shit no justice...
image.jpg

A little better on the sill

Last edited:
i fear growing outside more now :eek: never even seen bud rot and hope i never do. is the cause to high of humidity?
High humidity and a lack of air movement.
Bud Rot is a "Grey Mold" called Botrytis.
Heavy rains & heavy morning dews combined with hot temps and a high RH (relative Humidity) can be a recipe for disaster.
For outdoor plants, a "Electric" leaf blower will quickly remove water from the plants, this is best done ASAP after the rain has stopped!
Don't use a petrol/gas blower as the fumes are not good for the plant or humans smoking the finished buds.
Some growers also make canopies over their plants to keep the rain off but not the sides as this will trap moisture and make for a hot and humid growing environment in the summer (dependent of environment of course).
However as @mohawk warrior mentioned, even a rain shield can't protect every plant from the dreaded "Bud Rot".

Yup yup...
It is the worst.. so close to jar
He did mention frosty strains fastbuds as a backup.

It is nice buying something now and again.
I’m broke for the Foreseeable future lmao..
Maybe I’ll get lucky and strike it rich one day.
I Should send you something to work your micro grow magic on :crying: Would be an interesting journey 30 down to 11 in 5 gal fabric pot seems to have kept them around 6ft this time.
Need to do a male run. They’re hard to find usually and I killed a bunch this go. But that could just be something that worked itself out from the first couple dustings.
The f1 males pollen wouldn’t work on shit lol and if it did go it was only ever a couple beans that’d take. Very Thai geno/pheno is my guess
I have grown a 4 foot auto in a solo cup and that was touch and go.
They get really unstable at that height with such a small pot (cup).
Watering such a tall plant in such a small pot becomes and many times a day ordeal.
Thai genetic can be a bit of a pain due to their size and time to finish!
Tropical Sativas are know for their very long flower time from 12 to 20 weeks!
Another thing with tropical (equatorial) Sativas is that the buds ripen at different times up the plant.
This is because at the equator they will just start to flower at sex because the night and day are always 12/12 and they will just keep flowering until they get pollinated or die.
So I'm thinking maybe not a solo cup strain lol.
I'll keep my fingers crossed you find a decent male.
Have you thought of reversing sex with CS or STS?

Watering such a tall plant in such a small pot becomes and many times a day ordeal.
Another thing with tropical (equatorial) Sativas is that the buds ripen at different times up the plant.
This is because at the equator they will just start to flower at sex because the night and day are always 12/12 and they will just keep flowering until they get pollinated or die.
Past that don’t wanna get near that alias for a bit. I got a seed stash of them big enough to find a nice stud, I cannot find most dinafem blue kush variant and only minimal skywalker variant plus they old but I know I did a skywalker seed run after the f1 so I’m baffled . I’m thinking that they made their way to Nova Scotia lol oh and about 50 seeds off the pink pistil variant
Sounds like a deadly trait for indoors that 12/12 reflowering thing, if pushing cross limits gets mastered .
i fear growing outside more now :eek: never even seen bud rot and hope i never do. is the cause to high of humidity?
Arty nailed the explanation. And it’s usually always a problem up here.. great place to test so called mold resistance in strains/crosses

Cheers brother!
I understand needing breaks starting up, i got none. i have however won my 1st something, i won 10 og kush seeds and a t-shirt from the vault giveaways that might not get to me but i'm hoping for the best, shipping from uk to usa ; / i'm hoping they get to me. other than that i have turd luck :cooldance: but i'm learning to grow and doing just fine i think, no longer buying sacks, I'm harvesting more jars than i can smoke lol

I'm reversing next grow with CS so i can feel better about using seeds for solo cup grows lol

To bad i don't see any sites selling pollen or am i blind and just don't see it being sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back