Status
Not open for further replies.
I will disagree, when I started vaping by battery ran out during pool one night. I bummed a cig from a friend and only got half way thru before the dizzy set in. Mostly felt horrible that night after pool. I will only hit my vape 2-3 times per versus a whole cig . And 2-3 vape hits do me fine for same amount of time as a cig without the nasty feeling that cigs do. I’m a surveyor, lots of walking with weight. If I were still smoking cigs I’d be dead in the woods of heart attack. Quit cigs and started vaping 7 yrs ago. Lungs aren’t heavy after a long night ( beers & weed) like when I smoked. Then next day after a party was usually recovering from chain smoking. Now I can do the same and wake up fine.

Yeah well that’s like your opinion lol. Yes my lungs feel better then smoking but it doesn’t stop the fact that nicotine itself causes cardiovascular disease. I’ve been vaping for over 5 years and I know for a fact I get way more nicotine from vapes. I would have to chain smoked cigs to get the same feeling of toxicity then with a vape

IMG_1545.jpeg

Blueberry auto fro DP seeds.My prettiest flower from a otherwise spectacular below average group of six.

Thank you for the link âś…

@Qbgrower, may I ask, how much or how many % can you use of that 480w LED in the 4x4 tent?

I'm using two 2x4's now with one 240w led in each. When I used the 4x4 I had them cranked up all the way in flower. I was doing a SOG so the plants were small and squat with plenty distance from tops to light.

Last grow with the Zoap photos they grow very tall and too close to light but I still had them cranked full with only one spot getting light burn.

I've been listening to buildasoil podcasts this week and he talked about how he lowers the DLI later in flower. I'm going to try this this round.

buildsched.PNG

Qb

Yeah well that’s like your opinion lol. Yes my lungs feel better then smoking but it doesn’t stop the fact that nicotine itself causes cardiovascular disease. I’ve been vaping for over 5 years and I know for a fact I get way more nicotine from vapes. I would have to chain smoked cigs to get the same feeling of toxicity then with a vape
I won’t disagree with you, all people are different. George burns inhaled cigars from like 11 to when he passed and no cancer. My wife’s grandfather (who never smoked) passed from lung cancer. Non job related. Just happened. 3 vape hits every hr as opposed to 2 cigs in the same timeframe… I’ll take the 3 vape hits… personal preference.

Thank you for the link âś…

@Qbgrower, may I ask, how much or how many % can you use of that 480w LED in the 4x4 tent?
In my 4x4, I have a mars hydro FC-E 4800 480w. During veg it’s at about 50% but in flower it’s at 100. I also don’t move my lights up or down. It’s mounted at the top of the tent and dimmed or increased from there.

I'm using two 2x4's now with one 240w led in each. When I used the 4x4 I had them cranked up all the way in flower. I was doing a SOG so the plants were small and squat with plenty distance from tops to light.

Last grow with the Zoap photos they grow very tall and too close to light but I still had them cranked full with only one spot getting light burn.

I've been listening to buildasoil podcasts this week and he talked about how he lowers the DLI later in flower. I'm going to try this this round.

View attachment 1664465

Qb

Thats a lot of power, did you use any extra co2 or something?
I don’t see how it’s possible to run 480W of light from a new LED in a 4x4 without burning them. But i take your word for it.

I’ll do a measurement in a bit to see how many ppfd I get if my lights are fully turned on and I’ll give you the distance as well.
In my 4x4, I have a mars hydro FC-E 4800 480w. During veg it’s at about 50% but in flower it’s at 100. I also don’t move my lights up or down. It’s mounted at the top of the tent and dimmed or increased from there.

Okey, I say the same to you. 480w it’s a lot of wattage, maybe it’s needed if you grow photoperiods but not with autoflowers under 20 or 24 hours a day. Or what kind of autos do you grow that can handle that much light?

I have my lights at 23-25% and 125cm to canopy. But then I’ve got 3 lights in 4x8.

It could also be this strain that’s a bit sensitive, as they got burned with higher intensity.

But I’ll crank them up soon and we see what we got at 125cm.

Thats a lot of power, did you use any extra co2 or something?
I don’t see how it’s possible to run 480W of light from a new LED in a 4x4 without burning them. But i take your word for it.

I’ll do a measurement in a bit to see how many ppfd I get if my lights are fully turned on and I’ll give you the distance as well.

Okey, I say the same to you. 480w it’s a lot of wattage, maybe it’s needed if you grow photoperiods but not with autoflowers under 20 or 24 hours a day. Or what kind of autos do you grow that can handle that much light?

I have my lights at 23-25% and 125cm to canopy. But then I’ve got 3 lights in 4x8.

It could also be this strain that’s a bit sensitive, as they got burned with higher intensity.

But I’ll crank them up soon and we see what we got at 125cm.

The SOG I did was @Sawney_bean autos. 20/4 for most of flower then up to 24/0 to try to speed them up. Not one plant showed any sign of burning. I can't remember distances but it was around 80 - 100cm.

The lights I have are using top bin Samsung Evo diodes.

Qb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back