Status
Not open for further replies.
A piece of white printing-paper and used the manufacturer’s ppfd’s at 12inch/30cm.

What did it read before calibration? I used the photone app for quite awhile and never calibrated it :shrug: mine read slightly high compared to my par meter :shrug::toke:

My meter must show the wrong numbers as I’ve got ~2000ppfd when i turned all three lights up to 100%.

If it’s correct it has to because the lights-beams crosses each other and gives multiple sources of light.
Its probably right. Depending on the distance and size of the space its gonna read pretty high. My lights par map is for a 4x4ft space and in my 3x3 the outer edges are all about 15-20% higher than the par map

What did it read before calibration? I used the photone app for quite awhile and never calibrated it :shrug: mine read slightly high compared to my par meter :shrug::toke:

It asks for a diffuser immediately.. I probably need to get a real ppfd-meter if I want to know what the true values are. But i don’t go after the meters, I check the leafs, it’s easier IMO but for beginners I suggest to use a meter.

It asks for a diffuser immediately.. I probably need to get a real ppfd-meter if I want to know what the true values are. But i don’t go after the meters, I check the leafs, it’s easier IMO but for beginners I suggest to use a meter.
I used to think that too. I was wrong. I was giving them much more than they required, and once I fixed the issue, some chronic problems I always figured were deficiencies went away…. Plus I’m not wasting excess electricity… :pass:

I used to think that too. I was wrong. I was giving them much more than they required, and once I fixed the issue, some chronic problems I always figured were deficiencies went away…. Plus I’m not wasting excess electricity… :pass:

Well said and i felt we were on the same wave-length there :pass:

Yup I use the same phone the photone app is great for beginners. I don’t use my par meter as much as I thought I would. I was checking DLI every couple days when I was new now I check it a few times for the whole grow just watch the plants. :toke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back