Status
Not open for further replies.
1706574100259.png

Our next door neighbor in Okc growing up had a basement. It stayed flooded. Lol
2 out of the last 3 winters the condensation line to our heater in the attic has frozen.
The overflow pan fills and trips a safety switch. Have to call heat and air people.

Just put a whole new system in here and they put an air handler in the basement and in the attic :shrug::pass:

In many cases, only way to do it in old houses like yours. Although mini splits are a viable option for upstairs/attics. The US is slow to adapt to new technology! The rest of the world uses mini splits

Our next door neighbor in Okc growing up had a basement. It stayed flooded. Lol
2 out of the last 3 winters the condensation line to our heater in the attic has frozen.
The overflow pan fills and trips a safety switch. Have to call heat and air people.
When I was looking at houses I looked at one that the safety switch had failed to do its job, and there was water damage in four separate rooms and the hallway…… hence the discounted price :rofl:

If this ever dies I’ll probably go with a mini split. The air handler in the attic is a problem if the drain line backs up….

I’m assuming you have a lot more square footage than I do, maybe that’s why it takes two… :pass:
The bathrooms were too narrow to put splits in so they did the whole house ducted. Attic handler handles the vents to the upstairs and basement the downstairs. House is only like 1200sqft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back