Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine some fire dabs and the Carta 2 will get you into one of those shelters if need be :nono::doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh god, I’d rather deal with the tornado than those people and their damn children…..

Plus, I don’t want to be locked in an underground room with a guy that has a mullet. :nono: :rofl:

Why is that? Just about all single family homes have basements here. And they're very convenient when they're not flooded :crying:

Bing a contractor, there are several reasons for no basements in the south and Texas (Texas is it's own entity. ask anyone from Texas!). Water table and soil composition are the main ones. Lots of wet clay soil in the south so moisture issues and clay soils expand and contract which can cause major issues. Water table issues anywhere near the coast/rivers and bedrock issues when you get inland to the mountains. Easier to build up.

Only seen one hot water heater in an attic. Worst place to put one! Lots of air handlers in the attics in the south which is also the worst place to put them! Unless the attic is sealed and part of the building envelope. 50',60's, and 70's the tech didn't exist, so only place to put them unless you use mini splits

Bing a contractor, there are several reasons for no basements in the south and Texas (Texas is it's own entity. ask anyone from Texas!). Water table and soil composition are the main ones. Lots of wet clay soil in the south so moisture issues and clay soils expand and contract which can cause major issues. Water table issues anywhere near the coast/rivers and bedrock issues when you get inland to the mountains. Easier to build up.

Only seen one hot water heater in an attic. Worst place to put one! Lots of air handlers in the attics in the south which is also the worst place to put them! Unless the attic is sealed and part of the building envelope. 50',60's, and 70's the tech didn't exist, so only place to put them unless you use mini splits
Yep, everything in my house is a retrofit unit…. Tall skinny water heater in a tiny closet, air handler in the attic…

mini splits is where its at, man. I've installed 2 in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back