Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeeyyy everyone :smokeout:
1705599254545.gif

Thats normally how I do. Either start in soil or in a paper towel and then move to soil.

But since I've moved to doing DWC, you have to have them in some sort of substrate before you put them in the net cup. If you use coco, it makes a mess in your water. It seems like when I move the sprouted seeds to rock wool, a lot of the time they just seem to stop growing for a couple days, unlike in soil. So I wanted to try something different.
I think your seeds are telling u to ditch the hydro method and go back to soil! :eyebrows::yeah::pighug::rofl:

@Fermented_Fruitz I decided to give those rapid rooter plugs a shot. I've been having issues with getting seeds going in rockwool and I wonder if its the ph or if I'm doing something wrong, IDK. I rinse them in tap water before I use them, but seeds just never seem to want to take off in them.
I feel you. I've been having a bitch of a time trying to germ seeds lately. I'm trying the rooters now. So far I've had better success but still only around 50% on pop rate.

I think your seeds are telling u to ditch the hydro method and go back to soil! :eyebrows::yeah::pighug::rofl:

lol. I am having way more productive grows with hydro than I ever did with dirt.

Although I am interested in growing 2 side by side, one in dirt and one in hydro, to compare.

I ordered some photo seeds, I might do that with 2 clones so I know they are exactly the same to start with.

Just saw a vid on IG , guy put 1 bag of tea, contents and a tbsp of oatmeal in a mason jar. Filled jar with boiling water and let sit for at least 1 hr+ then strain. Keep liquid as nitrogen fert and toss solids. Anyone heard of this before? Could be a quick fix for N deficiency… I assume it’s standard tea and not flavored.

lol. I am having way more productive grows with hydro than I ever did with dirt.

Although I am interested in growing 2 side by side, one in dirt and one in hydro, to compare.

I ordered some photo seeds, I might do that with 2 clones so I know they are exactly the same to start with.
Starting hydro, I chose clones to reduce some of the variables while I learn the methods. Clones came from the same well established nursery that I used when I grew in dirt and coco, so I am assuming the genetics are the same.

In soil and coco, I was getting 1 to 1.5oz per plant with rare ones a bit bigger.

My first DWC I battled root rot, hot nutrients, and lots of other problems but managed to keep her alive despite her very poor health. She still netted me 1.75 oz of very smelly, frosty, dense buds.

Since I couldn't manage the hot nutrients, I built a continuous drip system with external reservoir. So much eeasier to manage. A whole new set of problems to learn but I just harvested from biggest to smallest 3.5oz; 2oz; and 1.5oz of frosty sticky stinky weed.

Since I believe the genetics were consistent, I know that hydro outperforms soil. For me, anyways.

Now I am waiting for seeds to sprout with hopes of big beautiful flowers.

That said, I would love to see a side by side experiment.

Just saw a vid on IG , guy put 1 bag of tea, contents and a tbsp of oatmeal in a mason jar. Filled jar with boiling water and let sit for at least 1 hr+ then strain. Keep liquid as nitrogen fert and toss solids. Anyone heard of this before? Could be a quick fix for N deficiency… I assume it’s standard tea and not flavored.
1705602619671.gif

1705602712079.gif

:shrug::crying::pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back