Status
Not open for further replies.
I just drop them in a shot glass half full with a few drops of H2O2. Two to four days I plant the tails.

Thats normally how I do. Either start in soil or in a paper towel and then move to soil.

But since I've moved to doing DWC, you have to have them in some sort of substrate before you put them in the net cup. If you use coco, it makes a mess in your water. It seems like when I move the sprouted seeds to rock wool, a lot of the time they just seem to stop growing for a couple days, unlike in soil. So I wanted to try something different.

Thats normally how I do. Either start in soil or in a paper towel and then move to soil.

But since I've moved to doing DWC, you have to have them in some sort of substrate before you put them in the net cup. If you use coco, it makes a mess in your water. It seems like when I move the sprouted seeds to rock wool, a lot of the time they just seem to stop growing for a couple days, unlike in soil. So I wanted to try something different.
I'm strictly soil so I'm no help there......Sorry.

First order in with North Atlantic Seed Company.

I have to say I am impressed so far. Reasonable shipping ($6.95 flat rate USPS). Their prices for seeds seemed reasonable. They shipped next day and got me a tracking number right away. I ordered a single Barney's Farm Blue Gelatto seed, and they included some sort of freebie too, so thats fun.

I'm strictly soil so I'm no help there......Sorry.

No worries. I am having far too much fun with hydro to want to switch back. I'm still growing some in soil too, but man DWC is where its at. No pests. No under or over watering. Plants in veg need like a gallon a week added to the bucket and when they switch to flower its about a gallon a day. Then they slow back down about the last 2-3 weeks.

Reviving my old seedling cabinet, approx 24x24x30” with space blanket treatment on the inside (for those that haven’t seen it) and under the mini QB I made (diy section). Light is a feit circular LED screw in fixture I modified by disassembling the light and removing the LED strips and then mounting them on a 1/2” aluminum plate I scavenged from an old stereo system. Approx 60? Watts but the spectrum will be better for them as I’ve been running my seedlings under a mars hydro ts600 and , yes that is full spectrum but the mini qb is dead in the center of spectrum for seedlings/veg. It was crammed with grow stuff from when bank and new landlords were doing their walkthroughs. Landlords know I have tents and grow so no problem there.
IMG_3430.jpeg

It is sparkling in there now. As you can see, that is the passive intake. In the opposite rear corner I have a computer fan for air exchange.

No worries. I am having far too much fun with hydro to want to switch back. I'm still growing some in soil too, but man DWC is where its at. No pests. No under or over watering. Plants in veg need like a gallon a week added to the bucket and when they switch to flower its about a gallon a day. Then they slow back down about the last 2-3 weeks.
I need a DWC for dummies course! I’ve read man o greens DWC primer and it’s way too complicated for my stoner brain. I have all the parts for a single DWC bucket with diy net pot, air stone bar, tubing, and a nebulizer air pump from son’s early days. Just can’t seem to get the balls to pull the trigger… and nutes (Megacrop)

I need a DWC for dummies course! I’ve read man o greens DWC primer and it’s way too complicated for my stoner brain. I have all the parts for a single DWC bucket with diy net pot, air stone bar, tubing, and a nebulizer air pump from son’s early days. Just can’t seem to get the balls to pull the trigger… and nutes (Megacrop)
Yeah, too damn complicated for my simple mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back