Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some decent sized buds i can press but don’t wanna waste em if dry stuff ain’t gonna do shit! I can wait til it rehydrates if need be! I ain’t hurting for smoke!

image.jpg

The edges should be the same temp. Also, you might be able to put a piece of parchment on and shoot that
I thought the same but readings were all over the place after searching I just went with it this is from DabPress:

Rosin Press Delivered the Inaccurate Temperature After Measuring with My Infrared (IR) Thermometer Gun, Why?
To be honest, when we measure the temperature of the heating plate during the process of manufacturing, the temperature obtained by the infrared thermometer is different every time. Actually, many factors will affect the test results:
1. Measure different positions of the heating plate.
2. Measure under different ambient temperature.
3. Measure after modifying the parameters.
4. Measure by the different brands.
5. Measure at different time points in the heating process.
If possible, we recommend that you use a contact thermometer to measure the temperature or please verify the infrared thermometer accuracy before start testing. - learn more
Now Let Us Talk about How to Get the Accurate Temp as Steps:
Firstly, we recommend measuring the temp of the heated plates after heating for 20-30 minutes. Why wait so long, as you see, it takes a long time to cold down close to set value once process temp (PV) beyond set one (SV).

Secondly, in regards to the temperature discrepancy, before we make any adjustments on the temperature control box, we must first double-check the temperatures with a contact type thermometer such as what is used in cooking. Some IR thermometers have accuracy issues, so we must not rely only on that thermometer unless it is of professional-grade, calibrated within 1-2% accuracy.
If the issue is still not resolved, please send us a video as detailed as possible to determine the problem via support@dabpress.com directly or drop us a link.
Best upgrade meat thermometers
Best regards,
Dabpress Team

Got some decent sized buds i can press but don’t wanna waste em if dry stuff ain’t gonna do shit! I can wait til it rehydrates if need be! I ain’t hurting for smoke!

View attachment 1659243
I think you take several of those and make a little pile, and squish that. I have a feeling a lack of material volume is playing a part here….you need some substance in there. Plus, it will take more bud to get the same amount of rosin since it’s dry. Bovedas aren’t going to perform a miracle…

good parchment
Costco parchment is the best value if you can swing it. 2 big ass rolls, I'm still on my first roll since July.
AND BOVEDAS
If you didnt already know, get a whole pack from Amazon not singles smoke shops.

And if you really dab alot which I'm sure you do, don't waste money or time putting shit in little containers just put your rosin glob on a new square of parchment, fold it and toss it in the freezer for a bit, most of the times it will hold that budder consistency and you never have to put it in the freezer again.

nd if you really dab alot which I'm sure you do, don't waste money or time putting shit in little containers just put your rosin glob on a new square of parchment, fold it and toss it in the freezer for a bit, most of the times it will hold that budder consistency and you never have to put it in the freezer again.

I like that I get sick of cleaning jars out :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The desk in office its on isn’t but mid thigh high on me so press handle is barely above waist at highest point! Think after i check plate temps i may try one more big nug and see! If no luck will wait til i have bags!
In my experience when I tried to press on a desk I was worried about breaking the desk so I wasn't able to really press down as hard as i needed to, so I started pressing on a solid surface. If your desk is super solid then yeah just keep trying, trial and error you will get it down! :d5:

I think you take several of those and make a little pile, and squish that. I have a feeling a lack of material volume is playing a part here….you need some substance in there. Plus, it will take more bud to get the same amount of rosin since it’s dry. Bovedas aren’t going to perform a miracle…
Lmao I already feel like I need much bigger plates on this thing! And a bigger jack! :shrug::crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back