Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, love it. I didn’t even know there were more books after that til after high school. And I am an omnivore when reading… just as long as it’s nothing to do with politics…
A "trilogy" of four. It's about time I reread them

I bought Equal Rites, its the 3rd discworld book, its about a witch who goes to wizard school. Traditionally witches are home taught by another witch, and they are more about like herbalism and being midwives, while wizards did all the real magic.

Trying to get my girls to read it.
You gotta start with the first.......think digital might be cheaper if you got a kindle or such.

I bought Equal Rites, its the 3rd discworld book, its about a witch who goes to wizard school. Traditionally witches are home taught by another witch, and they are more about like herbalism and being midwives, while wizards did all the real magic.

Trying to get my girls to read it.
When the wizard has a nasty flu or is pacing back and forth at his wife's childbirth, he'll tell you what the "real" magic is

:pighug:

Yup, love it. I didn’t even know there were more books after that til after high school. And I am an omnivore when reading… just as long as it’s nothing to do with politics…
No shit, it was nothing to dump a hundred at the used booksatore eveytime I came home from driving.

:bighug:Thank you @Mossy ,@Lil Dab , @Frankthetank for the reps and any others I may have missed. @Mossy I am proud and sad at the same time. Put myself in the same place as @Dabber, same exact health issue, instead of losing a daughter we lost a son to asthma. Drunk myself silly and ended up in hosp for a month. Good thing though, the wife is substance free and healthy. That issue is one of the reasons I visit this site, Cannabis has filled the alcohol void, and I am so much healthier now.Thank You @AFN:vibes:

IMG_1011.png

No shit, it was nothing to dump a hundred at the used booksatore eveytime I came home from driving.

My dad was one of those guys who would brag about having never read a book in their life. He subscribed to National Geographic, but I'm pretty sure just for the pictures.

I think people like that lack an internal monologue. I've read that like one in twenty don't have an internal monologue, like, as I'm writing this, I'm also saying it in my head. Or when I think, I think in my head. They lack that. They think in emotions and objects, but not language.

Always a strange concept to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back