Status
Not open for further replies.
Another rare book, rescued from a pile near the school incinerator… nope! Not burnin that one
image.jpg

Another rare book, rescued from a pile near the school incinerator… nope! Not burnin that oneView attachment 1669891
Tell you the truth, I liked that last john cater movie......played pretty well to the books no matter what the critics said.

:bighug:Thank you @Mossy ,@Lil Dab , @Frankthetank for the reps and any others I may have missed. @Mossy I am proud and sad at the same time. Put myself in the same place as @Dabber, same exact health issue, instead of losing a daughter we lost a son to asthma. Drunk myself silly and ended up in hosp for a month. Good thing though, the wife is substance free and healthy. That issue is one of the reasons I visit this site, Cannabis has filled the alcohol void, and I am so much healthier now.Thank You @AFN:vibes:
That was a tough month, but here you are!

After a life altering accident disabled me in my early 20's, I tried to take solace in benzos and coke. 3 years later I accidentaly o.d.'d and spent 6 weeks in hospital detoxing. Nasty stuff, benzos. Alcohol withdrawal is equally as bad.

Didn’t use anything at all for decades. I learned to grieve and I filled the "void" with nature music and sex before realizing there was no void.

I went back to school to become a certified substance use counsellor and helped other people who's substance use was interfering with life. (For the record I am a proponent of harm reduction) I eventually moved on to study and practice other types of counseling.

Now I use weed medicinally every day (I admit it's also fun) and occasionally shrooms to help reset aspects of PTSD that emerge. No desire for tranqs or cocaine.

*for those who don't know, harm reduction is not necessarily abstinence. It can be using less toxic alternatives ie weed instead of booze or weed instead of morphine etc; using less or using less often; practicing safe sex; wearing your seatbelt; getting street drugs tested; providing clean gear for iv users, etc. Harm reduction.

That was a tough month, but here you are!

After a life altering accident disabled me in my early 20's, I tried to take solace in benzos and coke. 3 years later I accidentaly o.d.'d and spent 6 weeks in hospital detoxing. Nasty stuff, benzos. Alcohol withdrawal is equally as bad.

Didn’t use anything at all for decades. I learned to grieve and I filled the "void" with nature music and sex before realizing there was no void.

I went back to school to become a certified substance use counsellor and helped other people who's substance use was interfering with life. (For the record I am a proponent of harm reduction) I eventually moved on to study and practice other types of counseling.

Now I use weed medicinally every day (I admit it's also fun) and occasionally shrooms to help reset aspects of PTSD that emerge. No desire for tranqs or cocaine.

*for those who don't know, harm reduction is not necessarily abstinence. It can be using less toxic alternatives ie weed instead of booze or weed instead of morphine etc; using less or using less often; practicing safe sex; wearing your seatbelt; getting street drugs tested; providing clean gear for iv users, etc. Harm reduction.
The only thing I truly loved and found hard to put down was Quaaludes.....everything else was fairly easy. But I understand addictive personalities, I was surrounded by them growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back