Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude…..munchkins HAVE to be holding some DANK weed….you just know it!!! :rofl: :rofl: :pass: Plus I bet they got some cool ass smoking apparatie…:haha:
2662B48C-4046-48D5-A6AE-9C79AEFE57C4.jpeg
98727769-3B17-41B0-86BA-D49EAF96CDA5.jpeg

You ever pull a stainless insert ring (pipe, tig)? It’s such a cool way to get into a groove….plus it welds both sides of the pipe….flows like butter and comes out the most beautiful weld you’ve ever done… :pass:
No, all the stainless I've done is tubing and tubing to various types of flanges. I'm extremely anal about fit up. It's just simple that the better the fit up the easier the weld and the better weld.
Naturally it's unspoken when I do it for myself, but when I do work for others quality stainless is a must! It cost much more but I will not strike an arc on Chinese crap. I hit some impurities with all the sparks and pops, it really makes me blow my top. Throwing crap mad !:crying::crying::crying:

I put in the time to clean, de Burr and fit up and then after tacking everything up and then start to fully welding it.................. I hit pockets after pockets of impurities. All that time wasted. I absolutely cannot have any slag or impurities sticking out on the inside ! With the temperatures is exposed to, It could easily heat up, melt and then hit the exhaust turbine on the turbo.
I've had cars come in that needed turbos replaced and all I had to do was look at the hot side and I knew what the hell had happened.:crying::crying:

Looked like God Damn dirt dobbers did the job!

That turned out to be a pretty damn decent job. I told him I could replace the turbo or I could build him a new system and properly map the turbo and I guaranteed him a 200 increase in horsepower and 100 and torque with less boost. I had dyno and tuned the car. I knew exactly what the car did and what it should have been capable of. It was pretty easy actually.
I don't know where in the hell they come up with their various piping sizing but absolutely nothing on their system was even remotely scientific in the area of heat transfer and fluid flow. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Absolutely nothing was properly sized...................... Not one single item!:face:The routing was extremely poor and key points where piping joined together, that transition was quite laughable and was not conducive to smooth and proper flow. A great deal of the design comes down to really quite a bit of common frigging sense! Evidently whoever did this didn't have any at all!
Aside from improper piping described above, Improperly routed and sized BOVs, The turbo was properly mapped for its operating range. With the prior system in turbo, it was absolutely ridiculous in trying to get that thing to spool properly.

Well, I exceeded my guarantees and the guy got a much more manageable package with a whole lot more potential than what he had before. I also changed the torque converter and the rear and gear ratio to work with what changes I had done to the terminal system and had him buy the state of the art boost controller at the time. That boost controller was really a piece to equipment that changed things quite a bit. The older boost controllers were a bit difficult program properly. This one simplified things by quite a considerable margin and was entirely customizable. I got to test one on a customers' car before they released to the public. I had worked with the owner before and had shared data with him on a customer of his that was running into problems. So I had to crew chief for this guy until we got this new system worked out and I shared all my finding with the owner of the boost controller company. Technically, it was absolutely perfect and only needed minor software tweaks.

Told you!**** **** rabbit holes

First time out on low boost, he got a new personal best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back