Status
Not open for further replies.
Horace's Duskywing..

Screenshot_2024-06-24-15-17-47-044.jpg

Good Morfnoevight All! Past EO, Dabs onboard. :lildab:

@JP1 the briquettes over the last few years have become so smokie they are nearly un-usable, I am surprised the fire engine has not shown up. Then I hit on this idea to light them, first half a chimney of charcoals light faster so smoke period was shortened still ugly. Then I hit on starting them on the gas burners, Wow they ignite in just minutes. Still too much smoke for about 3 minutes but a vast improvement and I am ready to cook in less than 10 minutes.
IMG_20240617_162326064.jpg

This Dahlia just keeps getting better:

IMG_20240624_104626920_HDR.jpg

If it were for a show you would cut the two side buds when small but they are just as beautiful as the main just smaller.

Good Morfnoevight All! Past EO, Dabs onboard. :lildab:

@JP1 the briquettes over the last few years have become so smokie they are nearly un-usable, I am surprised the fire engine has not shown up. Then I hit on this idea to light them, first half a chimney of charcoals light faster so smoke period was shortened still ugly. Then I hit on starting them on the gas burners, Wow they ignite in just minutes. Still too much smoke for about 3 minutes but a vast improvement and I am ready to cook in less than 10 minutes.
View attachment 1690338

This Dahlia just keeps getting better:

View attachment 1690349

If it were for a show you would cut the two side buds when small but they are just as beautiful as the main just smaller.
I use the Weber firestarter cubes. They work really well and even when it's raining or windy. Takes about 12 minutes to get the whole chimney red hot. I live in the woods so we're kinda spread out for anybody to mind the smoke :pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back