Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't noticed them that slow on the computer but phone I have and chalked it up to shit service:shrug::pass:
I am pretty sure that our service is solid, it is fiber optic, but I know that is no guarantee. I know that something has changed though, because this behaviour is new, and I didn't change a thing other than windows updates, if indeed there have been any.

:cheersmate:

Happy 21st birthday...........:bday1::bday1::bday1:

She's a complicated girl. I don't really know what I'm going to do with her. The engine in her just really isn't suitable for the street unless I put a turbo system on her. I took a twin turbo race system off of her and I'm just not dealing with a turbo system on a streetcar. I built many turbo systems for streetcars, but no one really wants to pay the money for a system that is a more factory style setup with all the proper engineering and heat shielding. The engine that is in it was designed and built for very high boost. After break in it made over 1000 horsepower on relatively low boost. It had several more hundred horsepower left in it. Without boost, it would actually make less than stock and be an absolute dog on the street.

I'm not going to build something stock.......... I don't do stock!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I'm not going to use 20 year old technology. The easiest thing to do is go to the Ford Racing Catalog and order an engine and transmission combo specifically for swaps. Ford makes a wiring harness that fully controls the engine and transmission , but so does the aftermarket. The aftermarket also makes a very cool digital gage cluster that saves all the insane wiring crap you have to do to make the gages work on this kind of a swap.
while it is a fairly complicated swap, it's been well documented and done many times. All the bugs are definitely worked out by now.

Really that's just time and money, a pretty good chunk of money! But far less money then the alternative.

What has been looking fairly appealing to me is going to be quite a bit more expensive. I have been thinking about getting a 2024 base Mustang GT. They have around 485 horsepower from the factory and an extremely slick ten speed automatic. Extremely similar to what I would swap into my old mustang. Other than cosmetics, I would only make one modification to this car and it's very simple. I would just call my old buddy Dustin at Whipple Order the latest baddest blower they make. The car will make over 700 horsepower to the ground! The best thing about it no other modifications are needed. No fuel system modifications! It's really crazy how much horsepower the Stock fuel system will support! I damn sure could have used fuel systems like that with some of this crazy stuff I built over the years.

Since I can't make some memories with my oldest boy, with him living in Mississippi, rebuilding my car and bringing it back to the street. I can buy this new GT, break it in and then with my boy we could go down to Palm Beach Dyno and have my old time friends install the supercharger and dyno it. It'd be a good road trip and I like road trip memories.

If the boy lived close, it would definitely be the Mach1 that we bring back. He has lots of memories driving that car, mainly at the track.

If either he or I don't move to be together, it'll be all well and fine. If he wants to bring that car back to the street, after I'm dead and gone, he'll have plenty of money to do that if he wants. The car is not going anywhere for sure!

Morning @Lil Dab .,. :bighug: ... are you early.....?...

I was and will be in and out probably MIA some what gone fishing :headbang::pop::lildab:

IMG_0245.jpeg

You could have said the same thing without the racism attached……
Dude, that's not racism at all. That's all I've ever heard from my black friends all my life. This is Texas. That's where Juneteenth comes from! :rofl:
My Retired Marine buddy, that is now a Texas Highway Patrolman, made the comment when he saw my new car and when I bought it, " You blew Celebrating Juneteenth outta the water by bypassing the chicken and watermelon By buying a Bad Ass car!" And he's black. And I have stolen that line quite a few times from him!

I guess it's a colloquialism. It was kind of a thing for my black friends to ask me what I was having to eat for Juneteenth. I knew it was in jest and I would usually make them jealous by saying barbecue because they knew how good my Dad's barbecue was.

When I worked for the state, my black coworkers would ask me if I would bring in some of my organic watermelons on Juneteenth. That happened every single year.

I guess someone outside that sphere, it would look to be racist. That's just not the case.

I'm only racist against assholes and they come in all sorts of colors and shades!.......................pun intended!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dude, that's not racism at all. That's all I've ever heard from my black friends all my life. This is Texas. That's where Juneteenth comes from! :rofl:
My Retired Marine buddy, that is now a Texas Highway Patrolman, made the comment when he saw my new car and when I bought it, " You blew Celebrating Juneteenth outta the water by bypassing the chicken and watermelon By buying a Bad Ass car!" And he's black. And I have stolen that line quite a few times from him!

I guess it's a colloquialism. It was kind of a thing for my black friends to ask me what I was having to eat for Juneteenth. I knew it was in jest and I would usually make them jealous by saying barbecue because they knew how good my Dad's barbecue was.

When I worked for the state, my black coworkers would ask me if I would bring in some of my organic watermelons on Juneteenth. That happened every single year.

I guess someone outside that sphere, it would look to be racist. That's just not the case.

I'm only racist against assholes and they come in all sorts of colors and shades!.......................pun intended!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Look at it from the perspective of someone stumbling into LS for the first time to get some help and some asshole is saying your words.

But whatever, this ain’t the first time you’ve walked back a racist comment by saying you know someone from another race. You do you I guess….. I just felt the need to say something….”police our own”…..

Last edited:
Look at it from the perspective of someone stumbling into LS for the first time to get some help and some asshole is saying your words.

But whatever, this ain’t the first time you’ve walked back a racist comment by saying you know someone from another race. You do you I guess….. I just felt the need to say something….”police our own”…..

……getting pretty low rent around here to be honest….
I'm sorry you feel that way, man! But you're absolutely free to interpret in any manner you see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back