Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little NYC Diesel on the press tonight...

Screenshot_20230425-204916~2.png

:pass:

I got some biodegradable clay shot for my slingshot, the squirrel just laughs at the nerf balls. I am kinda afraid I might kill it now? It keeps digging up my wife's potted plants. Then in the back yard the racoon was digging in my potatoes the other day, I did not know they would dig and eat raw potatoes but evidently they will. I am not going to sit up night after night waiting to take a pot shot at a racoon........ So I bought this and Ms. MOG said it went off last night and something big scurried over the fence? Cat or Racoon? It works all night and does not kill anything.

View attachment 1587385
Hot pepper seeds work great for getting rid of squirrels. Cut a tomato n fill with seeds i use cayanne and as long as they get one your tomatos will stay untouched. They don't get near my garden more than once just have to make sure all of the squirrels get a taste. Same with bird feeders , birds don't taste the heat but squirrels do mix in the pepper seeds with regular seed. Its also hilarious watching them have a hot mouth 😺. A pvc perch for birds of prey works sometimes too well, no more song birds. Dried blood works with rabbits sometimes with coons n possums depends on how ballsy they are but it also attracts fox and coyotes if that's a worry of yours, I actually like them, but now we have so many suburbanites they call animal control the second they here a fox or coyote call. They even called on an owl cuz they worried about there designer dogs. I have to sit and be mad at this possum cuz my yard is the only place it can find roots and the bugs it eats. Its amazing how because the neighborhoods change so drastically here every 4-8 blocks generally, we live in a major city and have an amazing amount of wildlife because no one wanted to live here so all the empty lots became gardens, now they put a building or 4 on every single one and beg for a cop on every corner so nobody hangs out so no ones constantly cleaning up, now we have pests, we never had rats now we do, ppl getting termites and ants, my soils drying out cuz my yard and one neighbor next to me are undug old raised forest since my house was a farm at the edge of a country club, so they dig the land plant a lawn that lets all the water drain to my house and washs me out. Leaf litter and prairie grasses make our soul if it gets washed away constantly it never gets broken down by the foliage feeding insects so then compost just sits so ppl add worms which we're not supposed to have, ants, dandelions and invasives fill the stripped soil. Because we're a "green plumbing company" we deal with a lot of drainage systems for gardens as well as the normal stuff and im the drain tech so pests are my job. Sometimes i have to tell people that newly moved into a house that never flooded before "i know you love your flowers but theyre not from here and theyre outcompeting the other plants around your house causing the clean up bugs to eventually run out of food the ants moved in stripped the soils hydrophobic water isn't absorbed your foundation cracks from the moisture so now u have seepage and rats start digging in the path of least resistance that the water caused." Summarizing, pests are caused by an imbalance, their spread is almost always human error and correcting the problem is a team effort and rarely starts with you and the 2 main causes are human garbage and mismanaged water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back