Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally posted before giving you 10 points for the badass temple ball. My apologies.

You’ll have to forgive me, we’ve been dodging tornadoes, though thankfully no damage. Though just a mile over… 30 mile stretch of devastation without discussing locations, we are extra lucky.
There's 10 for you just for staying safe and checking in :karmacloud::goodluck:

we've had a couple micro burst that i know of in my life.. I think the one time they may have classified it as a tornado but nothing like out where you guys are
We get little tornadoes kinda regularly. But they'll only clear like a 200 yard path like 20ft wide. You'll see the path cutting across highways for years. But they got a couple real ones and had some damage down by great adventure yesterday

we've had a couple micro burst that i know of in my life.. I think the one time they may have classified it as a tornado but nothing like out where you guys are
Yeah it sucks man. I’ve got lots of wild tornado stories. Getting in the shelter ain’t much fun in the spring, hot and muggy.

We get little tornadoes kinda regularly. But they'll only clear like a 200 yard path like 20ft wide. You'll see the path cutting across highways for years. But they got a couple real ones and had some damage down by great adventure yesterday
Yeah nothing like that here but when I was climbing cell towers were working in Wichita KS for quite some time... One afternoon on the tower the new guy says to me "hey those are tornado sirens" I was like yeah ok he was very bright... Next thing I know the foremen is yelling up to get off the tower about that time I look behind me and could see the funnel forming in the distance and the sky turning green/yellow.. I never climbed off a tower so fast :superhero:

You’re fine Slim, You guys stay safe. We had tornado warning sirens going off in Feb here.
Apr and May are the worst here in central Okla.
Appreciate it Rick, I was too quick on the draw with that post. Lol

Yeah, we are in the path every year, multiple times a year- like you unfortunately. In ‘99, we had 56 tornados touch down, multiple fatalities- I was two years out of the Air Force - or however wild bill spells it ;)- traded in my **-* for a Hitachi BetaSP BetaCam and went up in a Helo to get footage for ABC News, seeing the destruction from above- that went on for miles was soul crushing. 24 years later and none of these affected areas are the same not to mention the loss of life and property.

I understand more storms are coming for the south this next week too. Best wishes for everyone‘s safety and overall well-being.

4 tornadoes touched down in New Jersey yesterday. We never get tornados here
:windy:
Damn JP1, I spent a lot of time in New Jersey when I was stationed in Dover and D.C. back in the early to mid 90’s, loved Cape May all the way up to the Jersey Shore and many points in between and up to NYC- can’t imagine you guys getting tornados. That‘s insane to me, be safe.

Rangers game on over here too. F Philly :finger: :crying:
Rangers have started good this season! I was always more of a Dallas Mavericks fan but damn Mark Cuban set it up where u now have to subscribe to Ballys sports southwest to get the games and i refuse to do that so been focusing on Rangers instead! Same channel streams some ranger games but all Mavs game except nationally broadcast ones! Did hear on radio other day there are financial issues at Bally and think they said company is folding! :shrug:

Last edited:
Tornados can be wicked! We had one come thru our neighborhood prob 25yrs ago and our house was just missing shingles n shit and literally street behind us the houses were demolished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back