Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG this clone recipe is Two Thumbs Up.

The alterations I made did not hurt it at all and the pickles were tart enough after all!

View attachment 1599416
View attachment 1599418
View attachment 1599417
View attachment 1599419

The breading was a little sweeter due to using the GF Pancake Mix and lemon juice in the goat milk but this sandwich was nearly spot on. I am so full. Even Ms. MOG gives it two thumbs up and she does not like Popeye's or Chic-Filets chicken sandwich.

I love my own pickles but they have a different flavor than the commercial pickles that the sandwich clone calls for. I don't eat sweet pickles, eeewww.

Couple more tips for ya: I experimented a lot to get the recipe close in my sis's restaurant. Popey's sales went up 37% in the quarter that released that sandwich. Had to find out what all the fuss was about

Marinate the chicken for 3-4 days in the butter/goat milk. I found 4 days was the closest for the texture.

Add baking powder into the breading mix.Quite a bit actually. gives a lighter more crispy crust that's spot on to Popeyes. Don't remember the ratio

Couple more tips for ya: I experimented a lot to get the recipe close in my sis's restaurant. Popey's sales went up 37% in the quarter that released that sandwich. Had to find out what all the fuss was about

Marinate the chicken for 3-4 days in the butter/goat milk. I found 4 days was the closest for the texture.

Add baking powder into the breading mix.Quite a bit actually. gives a lighter more crispy crust that's spot on to Popeyes. Don't remember the ratio
I ate them every day for a week when they came out, so I was part of that 37%. They started running out of them so I had to switch to something else. I remember even driving to a different location trying to find my fix :crying:

The recipe I linked has the baking powder and the Marinade is a buttermilk brine so it did not need as much time. You need to remember I am gluten free. I added some extra xanthan gum and baking powder to the GF pancake mix, it was light and crispy. One problem on the flavor was my oil was too clean :rofl: After I use it for a while it will get better as long as I don't burn it. I also could use more chilli than I did but these are minor tweaks to a sandwich that was really delicious and quite close to the original.

I am out of lactic acid which makes excellent flavored buttermilk from the goat milk, the lemon juice works but it is sweeter than using the lactic acid. Once again this is just a minor tweak.

I doubt I would wait 4 days because I don't have the refrigerator space and like instant gratification but I understand what you are doing :shrug:I do appreciate your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back