Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was the fact that in coco it is almost impossible to overwater.. And I watched a video about coco vs peat I think coco has better pro's in more aspects then peat but to each their own:shrug:

I like soil too I have just stuck with it since rather then switching things up all the time for me it's either coco treated like hydro or TLS :headbang:

I mix 50/50 coco and soil. You get the impossible to overwater aspect of coco, with the "don't have to give hydro nutes every day" of soil. Its literally the best of both worlds.

It is a pain in the ass. But just takes some practice and has it's benefits. I'll be sticking with coco

I'm glad you are...not me...I like easy Peasy.....and coco is not....maybe if I run Auto pots...but for now I'll run organic....ty I still appreciate everyone's help....I wouldn't even make it if it wasn't for AFN and all the help....

I'm glad you are...not me...I like easy Peasy.....and coco is not....maybe if I run Auto pots...but for now I'll run organic....ty I still appreciate everyone's help....I wouldn't even make it if it wasn't for AFN and all the help....
Do you. Definitely not as time friendly as soil for sure. Probably takes me about 2 minutes a day to correct pH and about an hour once a week to mix nutes and clean stuff

Looks like I'm out of the growing game for a few months.

A year ago I kicked my dad out, he used to live with us. He became increasingly toxic and demanding, and I couldn't take him around anymore.
We moved him to a seniors apartment complex nearby.

Today, his neighbors contacted me, after the EMTs took him to the hospital. They are very concerned that he can't take care of himself.
Not only is he not taking very of himself, not bathing, he's begging his neighbors for food because he says he has no food in his apartment.
He has no food, because he can't go out, because he doesn't take care of himself. He's skipped his last 2 dialysis appointments.

A year ago I moved his ass out because of how horrible he was treating me. He stopped asking and just started demanding everything. And now he's doing the same to his neighbors. They've been saints, trying to help him out. But he owes all of them money, he bums weed non-stop but is nowhere to be found when its time to buy any. If he does have some money, he won't ask, he'll just tell his neighbors girlfriend to go buy him something at the dispensary. Its the exact same stuff he did to me. Once you do something for him once, he now expects it whenever he wants.

And to make it even worse, apparently he is sexually harassing and assaulting women. His neighbors girlfriend told me he has made a LOT of horrible comments around her, he's propositioned her a number of times, and recently he faked like he was tripping and then grabbed her tits to steady himself. She told me she is afraid to be around him alone, because of how predatory he is being. There is a home health aid that helps the lady that lives behind him. He's figured out her schedule and is literally standing in the hallway when she comes and goes and tries to talk to her, grab at her, and says all sorts of horrible sexual stuff. She used to clean his apartment for him and he'd pay her, until he offered her $50 to sleep with him. Now she won't be around him either.

My wife has said this is the last straw, and I agree. He won't be around our kids if he's acting like this. He's already made some nasty comments around them in the past, and now knowing what he's doing where he lives, I am not comfortable with him being around my wife and kids, at all.

He knows I grow, and I'm honestly worried about him reporting me if I cut him off. He even made a comment in the past about "well if you don't share I'll just give the sheriff a call." and then he tried to act like it was a joke.

Locked all my weed in my safe besides like a misdemeanor amount.

I'm not going to bother taking down my grow tents. I am going to clean them. But IF I were somehow to be searched, Id just be like "uh, yeah, look at my garden, I started all those tomatoes and peppers in January." All of my chemicals and everything are used for my hydroponic garden.

I'm going to tell him I looked at my electric bill and realized it cost too much, and we save money if my wife just goes to the dispensary, and I gave the majority of what I'd grown away to some friends because I had too much to smoke before it went stale. Just going to start dropping some bullshit while at the same time going gray stone on him and ending the relationship.
I'm going through the same thing....my Mom just got put in a lock down behavior unit cause she's got dementia....I had to say she was un fit to take care of herself....and now she is there cause of what she has done to me and my wife and kids...complete ignorance....I love her to death but she had a stroke....and has threatened our 7 and 10 year old wishing they was dead....so I know where you are and what you are going through......it's hard....

I mix 50/50 coco and soil. You get the impossible to overwater aspect of coco, with the "don't have to give hydro nutes every day" of soil. Its literally the best of both worlds.
Yeah i did that too but wasn't much more to just to do coco and I find it easier then that cause I know what's in the pot and can flush it at anytime where soil doesn't work like that even with coco mixed in.. I make large batch nutes and fill the rez 2-3 times a week to freshen up and empty rez weekly start fresh

Do you. Definitely not as time friendly as soil for sure. Probably takes me about 2 minutes a day to correct pH and about an hour once a week to mix nutes and clean stuff
I agree bud....it's not at all..I don't knock you coco growers at all...you have the time....I'm busy af....lol and coco..is hard....well I just need to figure it out...thats all, but I'll probably go back to what I know works for me....

Yeah i did that too but wasn't much more to just to do coco and I find it easier then that cause I know what's in the pot and can flush it at anytime where soil doesn't work like that even with coco mixed in.. I make large batch nutes and fill the rez 2-3 times a week to freshen up and empty rez weekly start fresh
Once I get there in auto pots I'll probably run coco, but on ac infinity self watering grow bases I don't think it's the best for them.....

I'm going through the same thing....my Mom just got put in a lock down behavior unit cause she's got dementia....I had to say she was un fit to take care of herself....and now she is there cause of what she has done to me and my wife and kids...complete ignorance....I love her to death but she had a stroke....and has threatened our 7 and 10 year old wishing they was dead....so I know where you are and what you are going through......it's hard....

So dad's neighbors told me that he has called and texted them repeatedly when they stop giving him any attention, he'll start texting "can you just come over and give me my shotgun, I'm in so much pain I want to end it."

Turns out, he's had a broken foot. And because of diabetic neuropathy, he didn't feel it break. Because he doesn't take care of himself. he won't even agree he has diabetes, because the meds give you the shits and he doesn't like being on them.

Once I get there in auto pots I'll probably run coco, but on ac infinity self watering grow bases I don't think it's the best for them.....
Autopots are going to very similar to the bases they are both bottom feeding systems.. I prefer coco DTW :toke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back