Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1594352

U know u speak latin! I do but its only pig latin! :rofl:
I didn’t know what it was till I googled I only knew it wasn’t Spanish :crying::crying::crying:
1684347873686.gif

I don't understand where this myth that seedlings need lower light levels comes from. Example: Your planting a veggie garden. In my area that's the end of May. The day is over 15 hours long by then. Light levels are about the same as they will be in July! So that just sprouted beet or corn, etc. is receiving 1500-1700 PPFD the moment it sprouts! So why are we giving our canna babies 300-500 PPFD? Get your plants in the 750-950 PPFD range ( unless you are using supplemental CO2 ), and keep them there, start to finish. Since I've adopted this concept, I run my light no more than 18/6 and could likely get them same results running 16/8! Get an app or a meter and adjust your lights accordingly. It's not even important how accurate the app is plus or minus 10% even doesn't mater, it's knowing you are within range that counts. I'f I needed to run the lights longer for the heat in a cold tent, then I'd drop the PPFD to the 650-800 PPFD range and still achieve the DLI it's claimed Cannabis needs ( I've read recently it may be more that 60 DLI depending on the cultivar
Maybe it has to do with hps lights because they get really hot and the root zone hasn't been established
My two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back