Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried every little trick to clean my Aperia pH tester......damn thing will not calibrate right.....7.5 in the 7.0 solution and 4.5 in the 4.0 solution.....pool test kit had my res at about 7 and the Aperia said 7.6...so figure it has drifted up.....downed it till the pool kit said 6 and the Aperia said 6.4......ordered a GH test kit till I can figure out what pH tester I want to buy next....damn Aperia only lasted a year...
Do you have a probe cleaning kit? Blue lab do a good one.
Do you rinse with demonized water after PHing nutes? Being free of salts this is the best way to wash/rinse your probe.
Washing/rinsing with tap water may mean there has been a gradual build up of lime scale which in on the alkaline side.
A little limescale might be the reason why it is that 0.5 - 0.6 higher?
Seeing as you no longer trust it, try soaking the probe in some vinegar, if it is a limescale build up that should shift it and then re try to calibrate it.
You have nothing to lose, if your just gonna bin it!

View attachment 1462523

• Not eating roughage gives you piles, so why not try eating some prunes
  • Use some Lube, a little dab a do ya
  • Try being the pitcher, instead of the catcher, every once in a while
  • Avoid Chipotle before bed
  • stop eating so many prunes
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:crying: Nah, ya just gotta power through it until the ass stops paying attention. The Brooks saddle that beat on me every spring back in the day might as well have been made out of concrete for all the flex it had. Every startup in the spring was the same, pain upon more of it until it started to taper off after a week or so.

Gotta watch that pee tube though, ass pain ain't the only problem. "Fire in the hole" doesn't just apply to dynamite. There is a reason modern men's saddles have a central groove... :biggrin:

:crying: Nah, ya just gotta power through it until the ass stops paying attention. The Brooks saddle that beat on me every spring back in the day might as well have been made out of concrete for all the flex it had. Every startup in the spring was the same, pain upon more of it until it started to taper off after a week or so.

Gotta watch that pee tube though, ass pain ain't the only problem. "Fire in the hole" doesn't just apply to dynamite. There is a reason modern men's saddles have a central groove... :biggrin:
Thanks buddy!

IMG_9175.jpeg

:smoking:

Tried every little trick to clean my Aperia pH tester......damn thing will not calibrate right.....7.5 in the 7.0 solution and 4.5 in the 4.0 solution.....pool test kit had my res at about 7 and the Aperia said 7.6...so figure it has drifted up.....downed it till the pool kit said 6 and the Aperia said 6.4......ordered a GH test kit till I can figure out what pH tester I want to buy next....damn Aperia only lasted a year...
Aperia? or Apera? If Apera, my PH60 is still calibrated after two years. It has slowed down a lot, but has never in the entire two years been more than 0.02 off in calibration. I'll likely replace the probe for the next grow, or at least have a new one on hand when my patience waiting for readings on the old one to settle runs out.

What have you been using for storage solution? Has the probe been dried out? :goodluck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back