Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working on a press design that doesn't require welding, only drilling. Haven't built it yet. Steel plate or channel base and top, drilled for threaded rod verticals of appropriate tensile strength (7/8" rod I think it was).
@Mara Cachafa Take my design. square tubing for verticals sandwiched with C channel at the top and bottom. drill the channel and cross drill the tube done simple(if you have drill press). (4 ) pieces of channel, (2)pieces of square tubing. hope that helps :d5:

img_4268-jpg.1427850
image.jpg

Kinda like @Olderfart design :d5:
12t-press-jpg.1419703

I wish I could catch a break some damn time today!!:grrr1:
Roadblocks just keep popping up! If it wasn't so damn frustrating, it would be funny as f*ck!
I'm not amused!:wall::gassy1:

Thanks for the rep @Mara Cachafa. If you try to build one, feel free to shoot me questions on any part of it and I will try to give you a hand.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

As usual, I can't help trying to stuff a tent.....set it for 4 pots.....didn't look right, so maybe 5 pots staggerd.......nope, still not right......6 pots seems to be the right amount. Then the lights didn't seem enough soooo....I put all my lights in there.....3 x TS1000 and 2 x TS600 for 650 watts @ 5.41 amps...well below the 20 amp breaker on that circuit. Should have no problem adding a couple fans to move air around...View attachment 1440206
Gonna be busy in there! :pighug: :biggrin:

I was working on a press design that doesn't require welding, only drilling. Haven't built it yet. Steel plate or channel base and top, drilled for threaded rod verticals of appropriate tensile strength (7/8" rod I think it was).
If you do it with rod, I'd go with through bolts and nuts rather than threading into your cross beams. Having only ~1/4" of threads might be a mistake. 4 rods 7/8 in diameter would be more than strong enough as long as you use nuts. OTOH, if you have buy the tool to thread the rod, you might be better off having someone do a quick weld for you. If you arrived with the pieces cut and ready to go, the welding would be likely less than half an hour. Most of the fabrication with this sort of project is the prep, not the actual welding.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Welp, got those I dropped 2 days ago planted, all had tails showing, spritzed and covered...dropped 2 of the Big Bud I had left to fill the last 2 pots. Hopefully be seeing trim jail in a couple months.

Think I’m gonna do what I gotta do to make sure I got enough cash to order this for a 4/20 gift to myself! Says 15% off but hoping they have lil better price before sales over! Bundle with press and then the hydraulic hand pump is like $560 normally so $75 off is ok but lil more be even better! Especially since I’ll need rosin bags, pre-mold (I assume) plus the tools and mat and all that fun stuff! :thumbsup:

They will have a 420 sale. That's when I got my Mini. Killer price for it and the accessories. Get the silicone jars and the decarb capsule. Go to Wally World and get a marble plate for working chocolate. You can use it as a collection plate to cool the parchment paper and rosin. You can also use it to make temple balls and brick hash with the hot bottle rolling tech. I heat mine in the oven to help the rolling.

Call them and ask if they are having a 420 sale. They're good guys and they'd tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back