Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thing about nugsmasher is they'll buy your old press back for current sale price minus 20% if you upgrade :d5:
Will you stop giving him ideas! @Dabber supposed to send me his press when he upgrades! :eyebrows::rofl:

Ya if I had the stuff I’d build 1 but I ain’t no welder and to pay a shop for the materials and assembly of a frame I’d be up to about the cost of buying 1 but I wouldn’t have any kind of warranty!
Yeah, they gotcha, but that doesn't make the price any less predatory. I suppose competition might sort things out in time, but not yet in my opinion. Suppliers seem to be competing more on looks and unnecessary bells and whistles (like dual pid controllers which are not helpful) than they are on price.

OTOH, WTF do I know about it eh? :biggrin:

Speaking of with the big harvest coming up think this 1 is calling @Dabber name! ;)

At their prices, they could give you the new one for free. There is no reason for these things to cost anything like what gets charged. My 12ton cost me less than ~$200Cdn to build, and that was at retail component prices. With bulk wholesale prices for components and up to date fabrication methods, someone is making a hell of a lot of money. :headbang:
I cant say much on this except you get what you pay for. To warranty something for life it cost a little more.

Yeah, they gotcha, but that doesn't make the price any less predatory. I suppose competition might sort things out in time, but not yet in my opinion. Suppliers seem to be competing more on looks and unnecessary bells and whistles (like dual pid controllers which are not helpful) than they are on price.

OTOH, WTF do I know about it eh? :biggrin:
Ya this wasn’t on amazon but regardless it’s still some nonsense! Company I never even heard of so prob why the prices so damn low! It’s kinda like flood trays for a tent! $55 for a 4x4 and then some places want $150 to ship the damn thing! :cuss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back