Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is a bloom! It's the end of the third day of application. I thought I'd throw this out and get some people thinking.

When I opened the lid, the 'fluffyness' reminded me of my 3 Spot Gourami bubble nest making. It was quite the jump from yesterday.
I'm retesting this bokashi. I really wasn't impressed with it in my Earthboxes. I think I figured out why. My worm bin was really alive with a great mix of bugs. Compost mites were there in crazy numbers. Naturally they went over when I added the worms and they established themselves in the same numbers. That's all good. They do great work with eating, pooping, making babies and living and dying.......all contributing to the life of the media.
The problem comes in that these mites are eating up both the bokashi and the mycorrhizae in pretty quick fashion. They don't seem to let the mycorrhizae get very well established. Naturally, this only the surface of the media I can see. I would assume there should be quite a bit subsurface with the media freshly stirred for plenty of air and space for growth. With it being watered in, it should move down the biomass. The mites are mainly on the surface, but I looked last summer when checking the progress of the feeder roots into my top dressed compost mound. They did decline with depth.

Now the $69 question:
Which is the most beneficial? LOL!
I do think that with the compost mites being there in such large numbers, fungus gnats just can't get established.

I'm just gonna let this run it course and see what the results are.......not gonna stir it up until then. I don't expect to see it for running too long with the peak being Sat or Sun.
IMG_20220429_135128667_HDR.jpg

Well shit!!!!!!!!! I may have pretty damn good hunters with my three female cats. I just found a little present. I did jump back when it caught my eye!
I haven't checked all the cats yet. It wasn't Spot. She's fine and with her babies. Prissy still hasn't had her babies as of noon. Haven't seen Twisty yet.
Who ever did this has earned their keep! Looks like they ate quite a bit. That was a fair size copperhead. I HATE COPPERHEADS!
I'd rather have rattlers. They let you know when you're close.....most times. Copperheads like to hide in places and ambush..........and they can get in some strange places. I killed a bigger one a couple years ago when mowing. Only two since I've been here.
But now I'm gonna be crazy cautious of boxes and stuff in the shop!
IMG_20220429_181421179_HDR.jpg

How bad is the car?:yoinks:
Surprisingly not bad at all somehow. Just some rub marks from the rope in the joint between the roof and hatch. But the car was just ceramic coated and my buddy thinks he can get it out. I'm guessing the pull cord got stuck in there and once the door buckled the opener shut off

Well shit!!!!!!!!! I may have pretty damn good hunters with my three female cats. I just found a little present. I did jump back when it caught my eye!
I haven't checked all the cats yet. It wasn't Spot. She's fine and with her babies. Prissy still hasn't had her babies as of noon. Haven't seen Twisty yet.
Who ever did this has earned their keep! Looks like they ate quite a bit. That was a fair size copperhead. I HATE COPPERHEADS!
I'd rather have rattlers. They let you know when you're close.....most times. Copperheads like to hide in places and ambush..........and they can get in some strange places. I killed a bigger one a couple years ago when mowing. Only two since I've been here.
But now I'm gonna be crazy cautious of boxes and stuff in the shop!
View attachment 1452322
That's a badass cat to rip a snake apart. You should breed it and start a snake removal business :crying: No bigger animals wandering around?

Check out what I came home to...
:wall:
View attachment 1452320
An unnamed member of my household forgot the hatch was open on their brand new car and closed the garage door :face:
fd3d4222566455.56314d4ff3516.jpg

There's a reason my old race trailer doesn't have a cover on the roof A/C
and
having a $700+ bill from Overhead Door company for my shop.
SEE ABOVE!

That's a badass cat to rip a snake apart. You should breed it and start a snake removal business :crying: No bigger animals wandering around?
Pretty sure it was one of my cats. Cats like to leave you 'presents'. It could be a stray Tom trying to get in my good graces, but I haven't seen one since Spot's 'baby daddy' was around.
I've witnessed a group of my cats attack a BIG copperhead at my old farm. They totally tore that snake apart. The big gray tom did get bit on the head and I just knew he was gonna die, but he shook it off. Surprised the hell outta me! He founds a cool place in the hay barn to rest up. I brought him food and water for about a week before he was up and about, but very shaky. A month later you could tell that he'd been hit. A rattler would have killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back