Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace hardware online shows that COM compost for $12.99 but for me prob due to my location it shows no options for shipping to home/store/ nada! So basically shows as an item they sell but no way for me to get it! :shrug:
I was gonna say try ship to home as that's $25.83 but guess you tried it. Maybe try putting in a zip code for around here and see what happens. says they have it in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna say try ship to home as that's $25.83 but guess you tried it. Maybe try putting in a zip code for around here and see what happens. says they have it in stock
My option from Ace hardware for my location!

It’s only $23 thru amazon tho with free shipping so that would be my cheapest option on that! Searching for that stuff “near me” on google shows no matches for in store and only shows available as a “shop online” item! May get a bag of it and a bag of the 50/50 fungal dominated leaf mold compost and mushroom compost from my local grow shop! Supposed to be good stuff and def cheaper then the oly stuff! It’s just a super fine almost dust like consistency tho so gotta mix it with another type of compost to have some texture to the soil!

Last edited by a moderator:
My option from Ace hardware for my location!
View attachment 1445008View attachment 1445009

It’s only $23 thru amazon tho with free shipping so that would be my cheapest option on that! Searching for that stuff “near me” on google shows no matches for in store and only shows available as a “shop online” item! May get a bag of it and a bag of the 50/50 fungal dominated leaf mold compost and mushroom compost from my local grow shop! Supposed to be good stuff and def cheaper then the oly stuff! It’s just a super fine almost dust like consistency tho so gotta mix it with another type of compost to have some texture to the soil!
Worth a shot. Maybe they don't have great distribution. I live like 5-6 hour drive from the actual coast of the state of Maine here. But either way, half the price of the Oly. I also have no idea what I'm looking at with compost so I'll totally take your word on it :smoking:

Worth a shot. Maybe they don't have great distribution. I live like 5-6 hour drive from the actual coast of the state of Maine here. But either way, half the price of the Oly. I also have no idea what I'm looking at with compost so I'll totally take your word on it :smoking:
U want organics in there too like fish or lobster or crab but mainly just something other then just forest material compost! That stuff is mainly all sticks and shit!

Put a heat pad on the floor next to the seedlings. And like a whitefly to a bud... :crying:
PXL_20220414_012817370.jpg

I can't remember if I posted it here yesterday but I got bored and antsy yesterday (yay, "its getting warm so suki is in manic do all the projects mode" season) so I finally finished replacing the edging on the front bed and then got the grading dug and drainage stuff done so we could put down the pavers for the trash can parking area.
During (forgot to take a before, oh well!)
received_522403252773850.jpeg

After
received_533335121516025.jpeg

Hubby asked me to even out the dirt that had been removed from that area so I decided that since he's at work and the kids are at gmas (yay spring break) I'd go ahead and do that today. In my typical style, I decided that I'm building a raised bed in front of the bay window to grow kitchen herbs in (Bay window is in the kitchen and this way I can just reach out and grab what I need while cooking) so I pulled out my measuring tape and my trusty graph paper, cranked out a scale drawing, and went to the hardware store for 7 8x8x16 standard cinderblocks. I figured the base will be mostly buried anyways so no reason to spend extra for two more layers of pretty blocks for the first 8". Which leaves me here. Dug out an even area for the blocks and got them down, then backfilled that with some of yesterday's displaced dirt lol. I'd say 50/50 odds hubby spots it in the dark when he pulls up lmfao.
20220413_195620.jpg

Here's the rest of the "yard," the neighbors currently mow the ugly grass patch even though half of it is ours and they will be moving this summer so I've decided I'm going to trench out and grade drainage down the side of the driveway, do another 2x2 square of pavers to make a corner for the trashcans, and then do another raised bed on our half for the entire length. Idk what I'll grow in it yet but it'll definitely be something more useful than grass. That will get done after the backyard or else hubby will definitely be rather displeased with me (note the pavers still on the driveway from nearly a year ago, those are going out back. The red ones are what I took out when I put the stone ones in).
20220413_195419_capture.jpg

I will eventually get my way and get rid of that raggedy camelia lmao. Below is mapping of what is there currently from when I ripped out all the bushes last year and replaced them with fruit. Red is all strawberries, they spread like crazy so I'm happy considering I started with just a little 2x3 area when I planted them. Dark green in the lower right is raspberries, blue is dwarf blueberries and blackberries. Purple circle is the dwarf cherry tree that I hated picking all the blossoms off of today but it had to be done. Lime green is the herb garden area, you can see the block foundation. I'll be using 12x8x4 pretty retaining wall blocks of the same style as the edging to build it up the rest of the way. The two Xs I think will have watermelon plants, tbh I hadn't planned that area last year but I think they'll do well there.
20220413_200200.jpg

That entire area was dead dried out hard pack dirt last year when I pulled the bushes out, so I double dug it all and added fresh garden soil, compost & manure, and perlite which was a metric crapton of work and was probably why I ran out of steam before I could finish it all. Thankfully all of the hard part is done now, just a matter of stacking the stones and filling the raised bed so I should be able to crank that out in a day. Like I said, the other new bed project will wait till after we do the back lol. Old lady neighbor mentioned today that we are supposed to be maintaining the easement behind our fence so that's being added to the todo list for the backyard.

Which puts the backyard todo list at:
Laying the new pavers (no digging for that since they're going over slab, yay!)
Removing the rest of the stupid bushes blegh
Grading the yard area to fix the drainage back there
Paving a path to the fence and across the length of the easement
Building the raised beds and double digging the rest of the easement to most likely plant corn/squash/beans back there
Filling the "lawn" area with pea gravel

Oh, and hubby mentioned that we need to fix/replace the fence :face: so I suppose we can add that to the list as well.

Granted, the yard in its entirety is only about 18x23ish including the slab patio so not a super huge space, but still quite a lot of work to be done, especially considering I'm disabled and hubby works 6 days a week :rofl: but once that's all done I can grade the landing strip (it mounds up in the center and slopes towards the driveways so gotta flatten that out), build up the raised bed in the front, and get plants going out there as well. Most likely carrots/lettuce/spinach/etc that won't get too tall and wild looking lol.
Also still have to mull over how to approach my super hots this year, they definitely will go in bigger pots this time, thinking of doing Rubbermaid SIPs and just putting them along the perimeter of the balcony and then using the center space for my canna plants lol. They made pretty good cover last year. May do a few plants in the raised beds in the backyard so long as I can make it so the dogs can't get to them cause they will absolutely mess with them if they're accessible.

Last edited:
It's funny you should say that @WildBill, That's what the wife ordered a few weeks ago. She loves it.

I ordered me some EZ-PZ runoff trays and pumps. Not gonna have to deal with runoff from the coco girls anymore soon :woohoo1:. The last sale they had sitewide was off everything but these so i wasn't waiting any longer.

View attachment 1444965
View attachment 1444966

Thanks for the rep @Mañ'O'Green i'll burn one with ya :pass:
Don't tell her it's 42% off on 420!:eyebrows::biggrin:
Def makes life easy when it comes to decarbing and infusing stuff! :d5:
View attachment 1444826
rosin puck
It's a very valuable tool to fully utilize our canna. The reclaimed goodness from the rosin pucks in squeezing hash and flower. is so damn good. Just one example of its usefulness.
Best of all, it's just plain easy to do.

Cat in a box…..

As usual! :haha: :kitty:
1E4AB496-67E6-4E44-9A8E-6277791D2D0B.jpeg

Also realized the catnip plant I had going last year apparently dropped some seeds cuz I got several plants popping up outta the soil below where the earthbox was!
2A9B76D4-3A84-4B62-A88A-0582D0C16D7E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back