Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaking boxwoods :wall::cuss: bane of my existence lmfao. I figured out thats where all the crazy pollen was coming from btw. Glad we don't still have them but basically everyone on our street does, yay lmfao
Boxwoods here are prime real estate for yellow jackets. Also wish everybody would get rid of them :pass: They build the nests inside the bushes and under the roots... And then the deer just eat them all winter :tang:

Appreciate the offer. :d5: I have an Amazon account but there's no way I'm paying $67 for compost. Think I'll grab a bag of coast of Maine lobster compost from ace hardware. $12.99. Every outdoor plant I've grown here the last 2 years has been wrecked by white flies so I'm not trying to invest a ton in them other then time. Just gonna plant some seeds I'll never get to indoors and put a couple in each pot
Ace hardware online shows that COM compost for $12.99 but for me prob due to my location it shows no options for shipping to home/store/ nada! So basically shows as an item they sell but no way for me to get it! :shrug:

No. They good for whiteflies? :shrug: Seems like I can keep the bugs under control with alternating Neem and lemongrass/thyme oil weekly in veg but no options for flower. The whiteflies also love our pepper plants but they don't show up until usually September, so I'm hoping to start earlier this year hoping they finish before the flies
I had stupid whiteflies fucking with my outdoor veggies last year too! Sorry bastards will suck the life out of an entire branch of a plant not just messing up single leafs at a time! Don’t think nematodes are gonna work on them since toadies go in the soil not on the plant itself! I just used neem or captain jacks dead bug on a regular basis to keep em as low a population as possible! Bought an electric 1gal sprayer so didn’t have to use stupid pump 1 that took forever!

Boxwoods here are prime real estate for yellow jackets. Also wish everybody would get rid of them :pass: They build the nests inside the bushes and under the roots... And then the deer just eat them all winter :tang:
Yep. When they built this neighborhood in the late 80s they put boxwoods and azaleas in every yard. Along with crepe myrtle. I guess they didn't really put any forethought into it cause now those dumb trees are taller than the house for the people who didn't end up taking them down early and they just shit those ugly dead pink flowers everywhere when the blooms are done. Same reason I'm itching to chop down are camelia. Its pretty in bloom but the flowers are gross when they drop and its too tall to prune properly now. I have a severe disdain for ornamental plants in landscaping anyways lmao. Oh and the stupid red tips too! I've got like 3 more azaleas left to dig out of the backyard and one more stupid red tip which I'll probably do when we start our paving project back there next week lol.

I suppose the trees wouldn't be so bad if any of us had real yards to speak of, but the front of the neighborhood is all townhouses so we just have a flowerbed between the end of the driveway the the front of the house and a little landing strip of grass on one side between our driveway and the neighbors'.

Think I'll grab a bag of coast of Maine lobster compost
I didn’t know ace sells that stuff it’s primo compost too! I’d personally buy that over $70 oly compost any day! :d5:

@Jerseyphresh1 @Fermented_Fruitz here's something i came across the other day from @Sour D. might be worth keeping in your back pocket i know i am. :d5:

Personally, I've been using the Bar Harbor blend for a couple years now. I prefer to have more control over what additives are used and to pay all that extra money for something that is only good for 30 days--no thanks. Also I've found I can get free delivery of Bar Harbor to local True Value store.
FWIW, this is a reply I got From Cameron when I was first looking into Stonington and couldn't get it without paying an arm and a leg for it. "Order these three. Blend the Quoddy and Bar Harbor 50/50with a tablespoon of the STPF. Top dress with the STPF every 30 days." Stonington plant food, Lobster compost and Bar Harbor soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back