Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for fungus and decayed wood yesterday, I realized I have abandoned one of my basics on organics. Not really an active thought, just an act of convenience.

I have been brewing my compost teas inside since growing canna. This is actually the first time I've ever done it inside. When I first started making tea, I used food grade used plastic barrels with the top open to the air. Brewing outside will get it exposed to your ingenious microbes, same as me looking for fungus in my baby forest.

I have tea brewing on the back porch and will use that to wet down the media cooking in a tote. I've left the tote open also and will for the next week.I'll be turning it daily to keep plenty of air in the media and encourage microbe and mycorrhizal growth.

I agree! Local bugs are superior when farming outside.

This is what I stuck in my beds last fall:
20210828_102840.jpg

20210828_105914.jpg

Mixed in a bunch of compost and stuff with it, hopefully it works well lol

20210925_153513.jpg

Yea, dump it all out, and mix good… I would also let it cook for a week or two. Once it cools down to ambient temp it’s ready to go. Keep at field capacity while cooking, of course..
When I mixed it all together last year, it never got warm. Is it supposed to warm up, like temperature wise? I was expecting it to. I mixed and watered it regularly on a tarp on my garage floor for like a good 6 weeks but it was only above room temperature for 1 or 2 days. Floor is also maybe 60 degrees ish

He said he'd normally charge $1200 for the detail. The shot glass of ceramic was over $100 alone and he said about $190 for materials without counting towels and pads and all that stuff. But he's a good friend of mine and we always help each other with whatever and hardly ever exchange cash
That's a bit better! LOL! Yeah, I played with the early ceramics. They were very difficult to apply in the beginning, but they have vastly improved them. I'm not talking about any kind of 'spray on' ceramics. It's not the 'real deal'. Real protection comes outta small bottle. LOL!
The biggest thing is prep. Not going to get into the details....too long and every car is different.With a properly prepped surface, anyone can apply the latest real ceramic coating........remembering......a little goes a very long way.

Ya for over $1000 just to get that detail done you could go hit Maaco and get a new paint job for that price! :yoinks: :rofl:

It may only last a year tho before it starts peeling off every time you get up over 60 on the freeway!:crying:

Yea, dump it all out, and mix good… I would also let it cook for a week or two. Once it cools down to ambient temp it’s ready to go. Keep at field capacity while cooking, of course..
With their re-amendments, I doubt if it would heat up. Just not enough in large quantities for the microbes to eat on.
Now building media the BAS way, yes, there will be heating up.

When I mixed it all together last year, it never got warm. Is it supposed to warm up, like temperature wise? I was expecting it to. I mixed and watered it regularly on a tarp on my garage floor for like a good 6 weeks but it was only above room temperature for 1 or 2 days. Floor is also maybe 60 degrees ish
Yea mine gets really hot in the center of the pile for a week or two and gradually cools down….60 is right on the line of what they say is starting to get too cold…

That's a bit better! LOL! Yeah, I played with the early ceramics. They were very difficult to apply in the beginning, but they have vastly improved them. I'm not talking about any kind of 'spray on' ceramics. It's not the 'real deal'. Real protection comes outta small bottle. LOL!
The biggest thing is prep. Not going to get into the details....too long and every car is different.With a properly prepped surface, anyone can apply the latest real ceramic coating........remembering......a little goes a very long way.
Spent about 10 hours on the prep yesterday. I was rolling the joints while he was working and explaining all of it for half the day. Only took maybe an hour for the ceramic after that. He said it's a 6 year coating. Smell of it reminds me of the old model glue I used to sniff when I was a kid :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back