Not open for further replies.
Can any one help me I'd the larve ?
IMG_20210629_092514.jpg
IMG_20210629_092629.jpg

Have a zucchini for your troubles
IMG_20210629_091609.jpg
IMG_20210629_091615.jpg

google is telling me they either ladybug or stinkbug :shrug:
I with I could remember the specifics, but I found that stinkbug females sink or float in soapy water. I had a huge infestation one year, big squash planting, and I heard they are attracted to soapy water. I put out bunches. When checking and collecting the bugs, I noticed there were bugs that floated and those that sunk. I ID'd the females and started collecting them and put them in different buckets with others just fresh soapy water with freshly scrubbed buckets. The ones with the females had VASTLY more males. I kept gathering the females and separating the males and adding new female pots. Within a week, they were under control and VERY few eggs or nymphs were found on the next generation.
I never had a problem from stink/squash bugs until an Indian guy, bordering my property, planted some of his native squash-like and zucchini-like plants. He had a huge infestation. I always thought it was odd that he wasn't organic.

I'm pretty sure it was the females sink after writing this out. I remember scooping up the males and throwing them in a bucket that went to my "garden {compost pile. The "garden" compost was different from the huge piles I made in the pasture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back