Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice @mohawk warrior ...:pass:...I just stuck a tomato ring in.......pull everything to the outside...so it spreads them around the rim.. leaves my center clear and ventilated....Lazy....:biggrin:

View attachment 1331742
Nice one I think I did something similar on here but it was metal and it eventually started to hurt the plant, but my spaces were a lot smaller

Hopefully no bare soil..
Only time I had bare soil on my farm was when I set up my garden. I knew the old spot thar was there when I bought was too small...only about half an acre. With the placement of my natural gas wellhead placement, I could only go so wide, so it had to be oblong. That actually worked out well for irrigation.
I had to move a lot of soil to get proper drainage for the hay field and the garden. Once got the entire area shredded, decomposed fer a bit, it got deeply plowed and disc harrowed to get a better idea of the layout. I had to scrape up topsoil and move t aside with my dump truck to place back on areas I had to lower. They got lowered enough to accommodate the stored topsoil to be level. It was a lot of work but it had to be done. I could tell that a previous owner/s had bare soil in their gardening practices. The loss of topsoil formed a bowled garden. This was done mostly in early fall. The new part of the garden was cover cropped with the biomass just chopped and dropped for three seasons. Lots of legumes and plants with bulky root systems. Root feed crops were grown and what the cows and deer didn't dig up and eat were just left to the soil. It's the best way to get large amounts of organic matter into the soil. A hell of a lot less labor-intensive!
The only times I had problems was usually early spring when large amounts of rain have fully saturated the pasture and then get another big rain. I've seen most of that gently sloped, but pretty flat, pasture look like a damn lake! Sometimes it would take a few days to drain the pasture thru that garden area.

The farmer does the outdoor fields @WildBill ...watering system is a sluice and canal system.
When the farmer took the field he got it graduated....so it floods and runs off into a drainage ditch at the back of the field.
They came in with a massive theodolite.....and the tractor is computerised ...so thy just drive it around the field...at speed....and the back piece
does all the leveling...very impressive....... :headbang:

If there is an crops left in the fields they normally get the shepherd in.......what you lose in veg matter...you gain in sheep poop......:biggrin:

We call the sheep/goat weed and feeds...shove veggie matter in one end...and you get ferts out the other.......:crying:

IMG_0914.JPG

Last edited:
The farmer does the outdoor fields @WildBill ...watering system is a sluice and canal system.
When the farmer took the field he got it graduated....so it floods and runs off into a drainage ditch at the back of the field.
They came in with a massive theodolite.....and the tractor is computerised ...so thy just drive it around the field...at speed....and the back piece
does all the leveling...very impressive....... :headbang:

If there is an crops left in the fields they normally get the shepherd in.......what you lose in veg matter...you gain in sheep poop......:biggrin:

We call the sheep/goat weed and feeds...shove veggie matter in one end...and you get ferts out the other.......:crying:

View attachment 1331756
Yeah, they didn't have those badass machines back then. I had to use ancient methods involving lots eyeballin', stakes n string and long stretches of clear tubing and sum water in it.:biggrin:

I just can't figure of where those ancient Egyptians found the tubing! Pyramid Depot?:doh::baked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back