Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried this light here or this seller? 2 of these in a 4x4x6 ? Money is here now time to buy the parts http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Power-...551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4164c23d6f
seller is great. less than 48 hrs to usa. I have the 135w ufo. I can't speak for the light because I have too many girls in too big a closet and not enough light. (a local seller said it would cover 4x4....not) plus crappy nutes, ph probs and no fresh air has been giving me fits. I think it's going to do a great job for the price and is better than my 400w of flourescents but I'm not going to give a recommendation either way until I get my problems sorted out and see how it works. I'm definitely underpowered

seller is great. less than 48 hrs to usa. I have the 135w ufo. I can't speak for the light because I have too many girls in too big a closet and not enough light. (a local seller said it would cover 4x4....not) plus crappy nutes, ph probs and no fresh air has been giving me fits. I think it's going to do a great job for the price and is better than my 400w of flourescents but I'm not going to give a recommendation either way until I get my problems sorted out and see how it works. I'm definitely underpowered

Eh, check out the under powered optics there. No secondary lenses at all. Probably just straight clear epoxy at 120 degrees. It might not focus the light enough is all I'm saying...

Well the Xen-Lux 135w came yesterday. I have it up and now need to get some boxes and shelves to adjust the height of the plants. The uv seems to be working on the powdery mildew I'll know better in a few days. It has two main differences from the Blackstar beyond Bridgelux and HP-Opto diodes. The blue is split into 2 emission frequencies and the diode ratio is 22 reds combined--16 blues combined --5 ultra hot whites-1 uv &1 ir. The uv and ir have a visible emission that lets you know it is fired and which is which. After the 30 day period the warranty is BS so it better be home craftsman maintainable. More in the way of a preformance observation after I adjust the plants heights. I think the Chinese may have hit on a good compromise warranty on these things with the modular repair and we'll send you the parts--I hope mine is built the same way, latter we'll open her up and look.

Well the Xen-Lux 135w came yesterday. I have it up and now need to get some boxes and shelves to adjust the height of the plants. The uv seems to be working on the powdery mildew I'll know better in a few days. It has two main differences from the Blackstar beyond Bridgelux and HP-Opto diodes. The blue is split into 2 emission frequencies and the diode ratio is 22 reds combined--16 blues combined --5 ultra hot whites-1 uv &1 ir. The uv and ir have a visible emission that lets you know it is fired and which is which. After the 30 day period the warranty is BS so it better be home craftsman maintainable. More in the way of a preformance observation after I adjust the plants heights. I think the Chinese may have hit on a good compromise warranty on these things with the modular repair and we'll send you the parts--I hope mine is built the same way, latter we'll open her up and look.

I was halfway out the door myself when I had my led in two pieces... had ten screws to put back in so I could run out the door, but I had to have a look inside. I was pretty disappointed. There was thermal grease smudged on the wires, the contacts were either electrical taped or twisted and soldered... the heat sink consisted of an aluminum sheet with spot welds??? under each diode possibly to help with heat management, but no fins... really inefficient. Was not pleased but I have time to dial it in. I can work wonders. :toke:

Second impression on the Xen-Lux. The unit is a vast improvement over my 1/2w bullet pannels. I ran 1-55w (Driven watts) and 1-50w Plus 1-23w 6500k and 1-26w 2700k. Now I'm on 90w driven and significantly more growth. 164w out 90w in= better growth--could I get another one of these for another ridiculously low bid ever again???? I would not be posting this if it were not for the fact that the box mine is in is already on the FedEx truck. Lets just hope that when the day comes I can get parts and it's readily serviceable. I'll pull one open soon. The plant that has the worst mildew on it --it only killed some off then it regrew-if the UV isn't at least able to suppress PM then it's over kill. I think that anyone who wants a flower only light might pick one with a higher red to blue ratio. If you would like a dual purpose light I think this is a fair compromise.

Just found a seller on ebay selling the exact same lights as BSLED.
Only problem is he is padding the output a lot!!!

The exact same lights that i have bought are rated at 315W@220V or 280W@110V, as published by BSLED.
This guy is stating they are 540W lights!!!

I asked him about the lights and if they came from BSLED, he replied that they are the exact same lights from the same company.
His response the the output power was interesting to say the least...

Here is my question and his response:

Dear teslagrowlights,

Hi,

I have a few questions about your LED lights.
They appear to be the same as sold by BSLED, i see you have a Hong Kong distributor so they may be the same lights.

Either way, doing my research on this 9 pod light i have found that the actual wattage is 315 Watts and not 540 Watts.
The 315 Watts is dependant on a 220V power supply, with 110V it is 280 Watts.

Do you have any more details on the light like a spec sheet that you could add to the description of all your models?

And his response:

Hi. It's the same lights and I used to post by output power and not led power. However eBay sellers and buyers only shop by led power as I quickly found out.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!

I asked a US (Portland OR) distributor about his colors a bunch of frequencies were listed and I asked what was the number of each color light (LED). His response was " It is a proprietary secret ratio developed from a year of research."

Did anyone end up buying a Helios led from bysen? Or other lights from bysen that you were happy with?

i heard good things about them and if its recommended here you know its :point:

Did anyone end up buying a Helios led from bysen? Or other lights from bysen that you were happy with?

Mine are being shipped this week!
Not sure if they will make it before my grow is done but if they do they will be used as AWESOME side lighting!
Will be posting up either a Mossy Jem grow or if i am lucky a Karma Dragon grow using the new LED's.

If you read through the whole thread you will see they are almost exactly like the hydrogrowled lights.
The only exception is that since they were designed initially by Bysen, hydrogrowled had to change something so they added an extra
525nm LED.
Here is a quote from an email i received from Bysen:

So you may know Hydrogrow very well ,right ?
Hydrogrow used to be our partner ,and they are famous for our X2 led grow light,that's why our products is so similar .
the spectrum ration is the same with the expception of the one pc 525nm light

:peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back