La Buena Hierba La Buena Hierba Seeds Grow N Show of 2021

Anyone growing Asian Haze indoors?
I think it would be quite the challenge!

I've got an ok stand/support solution for the girl in the pot. It's a modular type for tomatoes. The design would be great if the connecting pieces were 16in instead of 12. As it is, it's tight on a 15gal pot. It's not perfect, but it is pretty flexible in use. I did have to buy two of them since it only come with 3 main stakes. It may prove a bit slacking in support later in the grow, but some support is better than none.

The EarthBox girl needs a PVC support structure of some sort. with some netting. I think I have something worked out in my head that will work at this stage. These girls did catch me off guard with this growth. I should have had this setup already. For right now, I think I'm going to use some garden stretch tape for the bottom rung and just lace them to form squares. I have two nets for my 4x4 that I will use in a later SOG in the tent, bur I could use them now.
I could make it so it could fit inside the tent, but I already have 2 sets of the "CFM bars" for the Gorilla tent.
Do you guys think a 4x4 set up would be overkill for the Haze in the EB? She's not shown sex yet, so I guess she will really get big when she starts that part.

Here's what I'm doing for the 15gal Haze. I have more connectors on it currently.
IMG_20210711_204242229_HDR.jpg

REGULAR UPDATE
Waira

La Buena Hierba: Asian Haze #1 DAY 42
42in tall

Still no sex and that sorta scares me. Just how big is she gonna get?:gassy:
I'm making a stand outta 1/2in pvc with stretchy string on the lowest part and I have 2 nets for the next two and I'm just gonna make it 4x4..........hopefully that will be big enough! LOL!
IMG_20210712_201410031_HDR.jpg

La Buena Hierba: Asian Haze #2 DAY 42
40in tall

Flowering nicely! I think she's gonna be a big girl!:biggrin:
This is the stand I found locally and thought I'd try it. It looks pretty flexible on how to place the connecting bars. I do wish the bars were 16in instead of 12in.
IMG_20210712_201418836_HDR.jpg

Bill, in this F1 cross there's going to be some "outliers" in blooming and other aspects,... Bake's PH is likely a wonky pheno, just bad luck is all...
My ChemDSDHz looks to be doing the opposite, she's looking to be going into bloom already, way too fucking soon yet! :doh: I was worried about this when she sexed like an auto' so early,.... worse, that BlueBonicGG3 x S99v4 is blooming officially, that top crown formed up in the last few days = :cuss:...it's essentially an auto for all practical purposes, which was a possibility I knew, but odds seemed long.... *bvvvvvt* - wrong! ...shoulda known better,... after talking with the breeder of BBGG3, the combo of already fast photo x fully auto could make for hair-trigger blooming if not outright auto'ing (which IMO it did considering the light hours).... Now I'm going to have unexpected mini'-girls which pisses me the fuck off...
I'm hatching a late game BBGG3 x Critical Sour (fast photo) to compensate for losses,... the LBH stays solo, I get what I get unfortunately....she may still get to decent size, we'll see...
There's also a second NMK x Orange Glue since this first one has something wonky with the leaves going on; vigor seems OK, but branching is slow.. totally unsure WTF will come of her so a stunt double is going regardless! Fucks up my soil calculations, and still am waiting on the DOHz's to sex, which may or may not help that situation... Gotta get it mixed and cooking soon!

---> these are few days old now, I'll have a better idea about her later today....
lbh1.jpg
lbh2.jpg
lbh3.jpg

I'm enjoying the ride and watching the structures of the girls and best of all I don't have problems from stupid dolomite recommendations from EarthBox! LOL!

My excursion out for the pvc piping and fittings was a damn bust with an "inventory error" on 12 key parts.............it showed 40+:wall:

So I drove 70+ miles round trip and essentially got a spicy chicken tender meal outta the trip and a waste of 3 hrs.

Early morning check shows the Asian Haze in the EB loved her top watering and feed. Good! She gets her rez filled with a gallon of humic acid water today!

The 15gal Asian Haze overall structure and flowering structure are quite nice. I think. She and her sister seem to be fairly organized in their structure. I like that very much! It's one of the things that attracts me to a strain..

Here's her naughty bits!
:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

IMG_20210715_085711756_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210715_085720374_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210715_085730717_HDR.jpg

Going gooooooood

7582C870-AC48-468D-84C5-03AA01EA9732.jpeg

Early morning check shows the Asian Haze in the EB loved her top watering and feed. Good! She gets her rez filled with a gallon of humic acid water today!

The 15gal Asian Haze overall structure and flowering structure are quite nice. I think. She and her sister seem to be fairly organized in their structure. I like that very much! It's one of the things that attracts me to a strain..

cool2.gif
Bill, I'm digging that rig! Secured in-pot, or outside of it? What brand is it? I'ma give that a serious look....

Wow man, she's not wasting any time, that's the first one outside to go in bloom! Interesting,.. I would have thought she would have been longer in veg', right?
She'll be a neat and tidy girl for sure - :d5:

>>> ChemDawgSourDieselHaze is doing great as well, and so far not going into bloom though that top looks iffy still... but nothing but leaves so far, thank fek!
...very neat plant, nice structure.... I hope she keeps stacking nodes for a while yet- :goodluck:

cool2.gif
lbh1.jpg
lbh2.jpg

View attachment 1343800 Bill, I'm digging that rig! Secured in-pot, or outside of it? What brand is it? I'ma give that a serious look....

Wow man, she's not wasting any time, that's the first one outside to go in bloom! Interesting,.. I would have thought she would have been longer in veg', right?
She'll be a neat and tidy girl for sure - :d5:

>>> ChemDawgSourDieselHaze is doing great as well, and so far not going into bloom though that top looks iffy still... but nothing but leaves so far, thank fek!
...very neat plant, nice structure.... I hope she keeps stacking nodes for a while yet- :goodluck:

View attachment 1343800View attachment 1343808View attachment 1343809
Midwest Air Technology TMC60JB Outdoor Seasons Ultomatato Tomato Cage
I found it locally at Truevalue Hardware. TMC60JB is the model with the JB meaning Jumbo and 75" poles.
It's an odd product to find the Jumbo on line and Jumbo is what ya want.
I saw a lot of hits on Amazon. I did find some interesting part on Amazon for it. They had packs of the arm clips and different lengths.

REGULAR SUNDAY UPDATE
Waira
I'm loving the genetics! Both girls are loving the conditions! and thriving quite well.......despite the conditions!
MUCH THANKS TO
La Buena Hierba
IN GIVING ME THE CHANCE TO GROW THESE GIRLS!

La Buena Hierba: Asian Haze #1 DAY 49
52in tall ..........10ins in one week...............yeah...........she's gonna be HUGE!:baby:
Still no sex and getting big. Tuesday, my pvc parts should come in to make the stand. Even though I have the extra "cfm bars" for the 4x4 tent, I'm gonna make it fit in the tent for a SOG some grow later.
She got a gallon of water in the rez on Thursday, but still had some in yesterday. Hopefully I can add a gallon tomorrow.
Trimmed up her lower structure and fer S&Gs, I took two cuttings.:eyebrows:

IMG_20210718_085729408_HDR.jpg

La Buena Hierba: Asian Haze #2 DAY 49
46in tall........6in in a week...........still stretching!

Still flowering nicely! Yesterday, She got a full gallon of water with humic acid, amino acid and a little FFJ. I started directing her branches in the direction I wanted. I'm not sweating it much. I'll be able to easily support all the lower side colas that will hopefully will develop from the main stakes and top bars.

Trimmed up her lower structure and fer S&Gs, I took one cutting.:eyebrows:
IMG_20210718_085740444_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210718_085833569_HDR.jpg

Day 56 and different dates for 12/12.

DD is still looking crazy huge. Lets hope i can manage her. A real specimen so far. Knock on wood lol
43ADCB8E-C8CA-41E1-9ED0-CCD519719DF6.jpeg

Still can't reach PH but you can see more of her above, behind DD. I think her yellowing was due to a Mg deficiency. Hope i fixed that. Some Bud shots that are quite bad. She is directly below a Blurple Cob. Being so tall, all i can see is blurple lol

1A35185E-99D3-4DDC-B486-7F893852921C.jpeg
C1C852E3-9F4E-4670-BE8C-C0496C12D98E.jpeg

Asian Haze also reaching as tall as DD. Not as thick but we shall see cos DD had about a 10 day headstart.
8472BE8B-0173-46E4-9732-5E825401AE9C.jpeg

A very crazy looking tent of my more Sativa gals this round
A7531CA4-1440-48B8-88EE-FD4D16C9FCE5.jpeg

Back