Jraven's Alaska Summer 2018

Today was a day of driving through mountains, heading down from central BC to the south
DSCN4817.JPG

The Rockies were elusive today with the clouds but these look like the real thing
DSCN4823_1.jpg
came down into some dry sage country. I always enjoy seeing this.
DSCN4846.JPG
DSCN4850.JPG

Then back up through the hills heading southwest
DSCN4801.JPG
DSCN4856.JPG

So, lots of wow factor today, impossible to capture on camera of course. We're about an hour from the border so will get to that unpleasant job in the morning.

Great pix! Absolutely beautiful area. Always wanted to visit BC but, alas, Canada isn’t very friendly to Americans with a “record.” Lol!
Thanks brother :pass:...yes it is a great corner of the world...there's been a few times i wished they'd let me stay permanently lol. Too bad they won't let you in, seems like they are pretty careful of us Americans :smoking:

Couple last pics and I'll wrap up this saga at the border. Down to the bottom lands and the dairy farms.
DSCN4867.JPG
DSCN4865.JPG
DSCN4868.JPG
DSCN4873.JPG

Now we are in Seattle taking refuge with our old buddies here. We'll be here a couple busy weeks then head home by another route. Stay tuned and keep 'er lit :smoking::pass:

J , this is one picture that scares me . I have not been to a big place like this in many years . No traffic queues or traffic lights where I live . :nono: :thumbsup:
dscn4873-jpg.960054
yeah brother, I'm way out of my comfort zone for sure. I hate the border crossing but I've gotten better about since we've been making this run...about 10 years now. Two or three weeks in the city is enough to remind me why I live where I do. Well, one day is enough to do that lol:nono:

yeah brother, I'm way out of my comfort zone for sure. I hate the border crossing but I've gotten better about since we've been making this run...about 10 years now. Two or three weeks in the city is enough to remind me why I live where I do. Well, one day is enough to do that lol:nono:
Hell yes i know why i live in the sticks.I don,t hate people i just can,t put up with their shit.Peace please

Hell yes i know why i live in the sticks.I don,t hate people i just can,t put up with their shit.Peace please
I love my friends and family(and my afn buds of course) but I'm not a "people person" at all. Social anxieties and all that, so my little community (population @50 people) suits me real well, just a small bunch of eccentrics. Trips to town are pretty rare

Last edited:
I got my friend to dig out this fireplace thing...now I really feel at home. They just moved to this place and didn't have the infrastructure all together. The weather is beautiful here :pass:
P_20181012_174441.jpg

Back