Now I've come across a bit of a "problem". Trying to not smoke my plant before it's ripe...

That taste of Jack did whet my appetite quite a bit but It has still about a month left to grow and ripen. I must confess I did take off a little branch from the bottom and am drying that now. Christmas is going to be nice.

I had that problem with my JH as well ... It's why we have no idea what her harvest weight was! :rofl:
:pass:

Merry Christmas!

:bighug:

While I was watering I thought "why not work on my plants a bit" so here's an update:

Somango Day 39: I tied down the new shoots. Unfortunately on the big plant one of them broke off. Luckily this presents a possibly interesting datapoint: "Does the one side with a single shoot yield as much as the other side with 2?" I decided to only have 4 (respective 3) shoots for the mainline experiment since I don't want to fuck with the plants too much.
Day85_HDR1.jpg

I will tie them down up until the second note, that should move them apart enough so each one has enough room to grow and breathe.
Day85_HDR2.jpg

Jack Day 85: It's hard to get a good image of Jack since there is now so much light hitting it from the top. This plant doesn't just have 11 mains.. they're also all flower.
Day85_HDR3.jpg

Those strainhunter dudes may be a bit weird but their genetics are most certainly good. Well that and my targeted defoliation and training of Jack :p Apart from the new long stemmed fan leaves this thing is all flowers. It started out as clusters here and there like you would expect on any Sativa, or like Baby for example. Lately though the gaps between the clusters have began closing and now that plant is made of flowers as long as my forearm. Here's hoping they continue growing wide and pack on some more volume.
Day85_HDR4.jpg

Waiting 4 more weeks for it to finish.. oh that's going to be a challenge.

Its worth the wait!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Thank you, belated merriment to you too :)

I just stuck my head in after the holidays (just watered and then left it again in that time) and uuuuuh boy that smell. Baby is now also in the ripening stages. The pistils I fertilized are retracting and the seed pods are swelling... and that smell. Jack has a very earthy, oldschool aroma (like nettles) but Baby is smelling lighter, fruitier. Doesn't have that dankness. Provided the seeds come in fine I might grow a few specimens of it in my next run.
I'm thinking 3 Moby Dicks (dinafem) and 6 Babies provided I built the pvc grid for the pots by then. I plan to build something like this to keep the pots farther away from the ground. The 5 cm I currently have are not enough to retard the root growth on the bottom of the air pruning pots.
capture_12272016_154216.jpg

I'm still curious if I could refine the Baby line a little. I like the flowering characteristics of Baby; If I can mix that with the vigour of Jack's vegetative growth. Oh that'd be swell. I did one of Jack's branches with Baby pollen.. so we shall see how lucky I get in the genetic lottery.

Jack Day 89: Not much to report.. Jack is ripening and doing it's thing. By the time it'd actually be ready for harvest there's probably only going to be a single branch left lol
A good amount of pistils are curling in and turning brown, Trichs are still very much clear. I estimate 2 to 4 weeks until I can initiate a lerp to flush.
Day89_HDR1.jpg

Baby Day 61: Baby is now about at a place where Jack was a week ago. For a fast little crop it's perfect.. it's just lacking in terms of yield.
Day89_HDR2.jpg

Somango Day 43: They filled back in nicely when you compare them to the last update. Theoretically they should be ready in about mid march.. we shall see.
Day89_HDR3.jpg

Jack Day 89: Not much to report.. Jack is ripening and doing it's thing. By the time it'd actually be ready for harvest there's probably only going to be a single branch left lol
A good amount of pistils are curling in and turning brown, Trichs are still very much clear. I estimate 2 to 4 weeks until I can initiate a lerp to flush.
View attachment 679071

Baby Day 61: Baby is now about at a place where Jack was a week ago. For a fast little crop it's perfect.. it's just lacking in terms of yield.
View attachment 679072

Somango Day 43: They filled back in nicely when you compare them to the last update. Theoretically they should be ready in about mid march.. we shall see.
View attachment 679073
The JH is nice!! You seem to be enjoying it just as much as I did!

Plants are all looking awesome!

The JH is nice!! You seem to be enjoying it just as much as I did!

Plants are all looking awesome!
Oh believe me I am.. I've smoked almost half the plant :D

I have to agree, it is looking great. Gotta move jack up my "to grow" list
I can vouch for the greenhouse seeds one. May be a tad different than I expected but can't argue with the results..

Day93_HDR1.jpg

Jack Day 93: I'm certainly gonna grow this one again. Not in the next grow but maybe the one after that.
Day93_HDR2.jpg

Baby Day 65: Oh yeaaah Baby is putting all the energy into growing those seeds.
Day93_HDR4.jpg

Somango Day 47: When looking at this do remember that the top one has 4, the bottom one only 3 branches... and yet they occupy as much as Jack does lol
Day93_HDR3.jpg

Next round I'll grow some Moby Dick .. the others I'm not sure about yet. Maybe some babies, critical, northern lights, royal medic.. Always such a hard choice of what to grow.

Back