I think that could be an amazing cross with jack.
I'm certainly gonna give it a try.

What does the flower opening look like?
The little things in the vial are the flowers. Unfortunately I'm not great at taking pictures of small things so here's one from the web:
male-marijuana-flower-1.jpg

:doh: you meant the male flowers. Stoner moment here:rofl:
Hahaha; @Dudeski I thought the same thing! Great pic; clarified it @Druid :smokeout:

Yeah I know technically the female bits aren't flowers, my bad.

Subbing up dude, this is an amazing journal there is so much info. Its going to be some good reading over the next few days when escaping the festive period... awesome dude...:slap:

Thx, I try to document my failures as best as I can too. You're most welcome to hide from the immortal Red man here.

Today I plucked a few more flowers off of Baby and fertilized the remaining buds.. and 3 on Jack :D
Then I did something I really didn't like but had to be done: I cut off the 2 lower branches; The ones I treated with the silver solution. I didn't want to risk it pollinating anything else or pollen sneaking it's way somewhere and pollinating something when the Somangos start flowering. So now Baby only has two branches left and will over the next 5 weeks(I think that's how long they take to grow seeds) spend all it's energy on growing those seeds. I also removed the LST tethers since I don't have to apply STS anymore.

From now on Jack and Baby are just going to grow on autopilot.
Current feeding shedule:
  • Jack: ~1.2L/D
  • Baby: 0.35L/D.
  • Somangos: 0.7L/Day

Im trying to learn as much as I can because the "technical " part of plants is not something that I have much knowledge.

Yeah I'm also still learning ever more. I only know how to grow and multiply plants but all the theoretical bits like vpd, hormones and such I'm still learning. The most important bits to know are simple really. If you want to grow roots you need carbohydrates, which are created in the leaves. To support more leaves you need more roots. The roots only take up water and nutrients in their tips so you want them so subdivide often. The best length to cut the taproot off at is 4 inches; then it grows the densest amount of new roots from the tapwhich will be the big secondaries. Roots can't merge when growing close together so the bigger one will eventually strangle the smaller.

That's the reason cloth pots work so well. You kill the tip(air prune it) and it produces side shoots. Unfortunately Cloth pots have some disadvantages too; That's why I'm going to grow in the air pruning pots the Somangos are in from now on. I have however noticed that they took a longer time than I had liked to get to a subDivision level of 4/5 so the next time around I'm going to start my plants in half Liter net pots. Those will then be transplanted into their new 11 Liter plastic air pruning pots WITH the net pots. That should eliminate any transplant shock and ensure a higher density at a faster rate.

tldr: Roots are the important bit.

Yeah I'm also still learning ever more. I only know how to grow and multiply plants but all the theoretical bits like vpd, hormones and such I'm still learning. The most important bits to know are simple really. If you want to grow roots you need carbohydrates, which are created in the leaves. To support more leaves you need more roots. The roots only take up water and nutrients in their tips so you want them so subdivide often. The best length to cut the taproot off at is 4 inches; then it grows the densest amount of new roots from the tapwhich will be the big secondaries. Roots can't merge when growing close together so the bigger one will eventually strangle the smaller.

That's the reason cloth pots work so well. You kill the tip(air prune it) and it produces side shoots. Unfortunately Cloth pots have some disadvantages too; That's why I'm going to grow in the air pruning pots the Somangos are in from now on. I have however noticed that they took a longer time than I had liked to get to a subDivision level of 4/5 so the next time around I'm going to start my plants in half Liter net pots. Those will then be transplanted into their new 11 Liter plastic air pruning pots WITH the net pots. That should eliminate any transplant shock and ensure a higher density at a faster rate.

tldr: Roots are the important bit.

Learning loads dude... apple for the teacher :pass:

Back