Ive been reading about twisted upside down leaves. Nothing serious. Just a few random articles, but they're suggesting a fluctuating pH/ mg problem. Does that sound like a possibility @Druid ?

May have just been mooning you!

people-mooning-clipart-1.jpg

Maybe they were just waving at ya saying "High!" :toke: lol
May have just been mooning you!
They may very well be :p

Ive been reading about twisted upside down leaves. Nothing serious. Just a few random articles, but they're suggesting a fluctuating pH/ mg problem. Does that sound like a possibility @Druid ?
My PH level and fertilizer concentrations are always the same but since it is 30% coco magnesium might be a thing. Thanks for taking the time :)

Day74_HDR1.jpg

Jack Day 74: The tent is reaaaaaly smelling nice now when I stick my head in.. which I have to admit to be doing a LOT lol. It's fascinating to see how fast Jack packs on weight compared to Baby. I also have found a solution to the watering problem. A while back growmau5 showed some plastic saucers with holes in them for a slow drip watering over a larger area of the pot. If you have a look next to Jack you'll see my dollar store solution to that 60$ price tag of them. I simply pokes a few holes with a hot needle in the bottom. I get a wide spread, don't wash away the substrate and don't have to water from above the canopy. Solved
Day74_HDR2.jpg

Baby Day 46: I've LSTed my lovely trans-plant a few days ago and it's working out well. The STS solution is also working out as expected as you can see on the closeup image. That's male parts developing while on the upper 2 branches and their subdivisions you will find female flowers.
Day74_HDR3.jpg

Day74_HDR4.jpg

Somango Day 28: I LSTed these lovelies as well yesterday and am of two mind on this one. The bigger one is doing well despite it's apparent malnutrition but the small one's leaves are coming out a bit weird. It remains to be seen if it's simply because of the fact that they are still growing or if it's going to be a permanent thing.

Jack and Baby have a very similar heritage and share a lot of their genetics.. they are doing quite well with my fertilizer mix and the conditions I keep them in. The somango with it's high amounts skunk genetics on the other hand doesn't seem to love my care all that much.

First off, let me say welcome to AFN. Secondly, this may be your first canna grow but with the knowledge you have and your green thumb it seems as if you've been doing it your whole life! I'm subbed up and trying to catch up currently on page 5/15 such an interesting and informative read. Cheers buddy

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

First off, let me say welcome to AFN. Secondly, this may be your first canna grow but with the knowledge you have and your green thumb it seems as if you've been doing it your whole life! I'm subbed up and trying to catch up currently on page 5/15 such an interesting and informative read. Cheers buddy

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot. Oh I wish I had a green thumb but you've read the parts about substrate, ferts and watering and know that I just simplified and unified my grow methods to grow anything. If it weren't for that I couldn't even keep a ficus alive :p

hey @Druid man .. nice grow, some nice photo shots too.
I do like some 'Jack' ... fabulous high. Are you cross-breeding? Forgive me if I missed a bit. It's along thread already ..

Oh one has to love Jack, haven't heard of anyone not liking it. I'm not planning to cross Jack with anything, this round. Right now I'm testing the use of STS on Baby to make more of it and simply see if it works out. Before I start crossing things I have to make a few more seeds so weeding out the mutants doesn't hurt so much.

Day78_HDR2.png

Somango Day 32:
While the plants were growing I kept taking off the new side shoots as soon as they did get big enough for my sausage fingers to grab 'em. Once every internode hardened out enough the LST wire got moved to the new end. Today I topped the 2 terminal nodes after the 3rd node which's shoots I left on. The leaves of the branches to be kept I of course leave on so the roots can get enough energy to continue growing and dividing. I also re-tightened the LST on the small one today so as to move the branches to a direction as close to parallel to the ground as possible.

Day78_HDR3.png

Jack Day 78: Today Jack got her last haircut before the final one. I lightened the center/bottom out a tad so air had an easier time getting in there. The fan leaves attached to the flower clusters I mainly left alone so they could produce and grow dem buds.

Baby Day 50: After noticing some previously treated buds getting a little fuzzy I gave the ordained branches another spritz of the good old silver solution so they stay male.

Day78_HDR1.png

After today's little workshop eeeeverything smells like weed. It's bloody fantastic. The feeding shedule has changed slightly. Everything gets 750ml a day. That seems to be the best amount to stave off salting the ground. Jack however was quite light today and got 1.5liters.. might have to upp that daily dose to 1L/day.

Much to my dismay @Dudeski started growing some Moby Dick a few days back. That and Royal medic are some recent additions to my collection I plan to grow in the near future :p

I also found a good deal on coco in case anyone from western Europe is interested.. 215L for 20 bucks

The tent filled up fast! And is looking spectacular. Moby is supposed to get rather large.
How are the peppers?

Back