Haha , having a plant growing too well and getting too big is such a problem . ..
:p

Hey @Druid! and Hello Jack! ;)

Beautiful plants thus far man! I had to sub up on this on!
I love how detailed you are with your grow, you can tell you put a lot of love into your grow! :thumbsup: It also helps a lot of n0obs like myself learn a few things!
Keep up the good work man.
Oh yeah I love my plants. Pull up a chair, get some tea and relax :smokeout:

Jack looks amazing! They all do but I need to get more JH seeds!!!!
If you're looking for some with a long veg time, mine are from Green House Seed Co. (You may have seen their strain hunters tv series)

I gotta check out Green House Seeds, not like i need any more
Yeah it's odd how all of a sudden we have basically a seed vault...

Day67_HDR1.jpg

Jack Day 67: Today I took off a few fan leaves on the sides. Jack was shading out the other plants lol. Btw it's not advised to defoliate as much as I have; This one has had an enormously long vegetative period, that's the only reason I could do that.
Day67_HDR2.jpg

As you can see it's rather quick to go flowering all over the place now.
Day67_HDR3.jpg

Baby Day 39: Yesterday evening I LSTed the lower 2 branches so I could spray them better without also getting the top 2. After that they did get another spray of the silver solution. The parts where I sprayed first(1.5 weeks ago) are fattening up a bit and forming well visible little nubs now. There is mold growing on top of the substrate.. gonna have to microwave and wash that before using it again.
Day67_HDR4.jpg

Somango Day 21: One of them buggers actually grew roots into the tray below.. sneaky. Cut em off of course. That's not the only thing I cut today. I started with the mainlining and cut off the top(4th node) and every shoot below the 3rd node. I tried to only take off the shoots and leave the leaves on so the plant wouldn't have to compensate that hard and nute-burn itself in the process. Apart from one where my scalpel slipped it all worked out well.
But maaaan did it hurt to do that. With them growing bigger and wider they finally started looking like plants... then *whack and they're just sticks with leaves again. Time to poke @budelee
Day67_HDR5.jpg

Looks like you are on your way to a mainline supreme @Druid ,see it thru till the end and have the satisfaction of knowing you are in an Elite club of growers who push the plants to the limits..heres a pic to keep the motivation going
image.jpeg

The garden is looking better and better!! The stems are starting to get nice and thick too! :thumbsup:
I'm totally using your idea when it comes to LST tiedown. The clips, brilliant!! lol!
Thats funny that u mention the clips,i am now using that method as well!!! Im always learning new tips and tricks!!!

Thats funny that u mention the clips,i am now using that method as well!!! Im always learning new tips and tricks!!!

This site surprises me more and more each day! No BS! It's the little things that count. I already made a note to grab some of these clips next time I'm at the store for my smart pots. :rofl: @budelee

So yeah, thanks @Druid :thumbsup:

Looks like you are on your way to a mainline supreme @Druid ,see it thru till the end and have the satisfaction of knowing you are in an Elite club of growers who push the plants to the limits..heres a pic to keep the motivation going View attachment 668599
hehe I can only hope.

The garden is looking better and better!! The stems are starting to get nice and thick too! :thumbsup:
I'm totally using your idea when it comes to LST tiedown. The clips, brilliant!! lol!
They are indeed useful BUT make sure you get stainless ones. With all the salt water and stuff they do oxidise quite quickly.

Today I fed each one the obligatory liter of Kiss D. The Somango plants however are starting to look quite malnourished and I'm not sure it is calcium anymore. It might also be Nitrogen or Sulphur.
Whatever it is I'm going to be moving to a daily feeding schedule for them.
Jack and Baby have each been on a daily schedule in the first weeks of their lives. The Somangos have been on a 3day schedule from the start. In addition I've run 100+ liters of tap water through the substrate before I planted Jack and Baby; Not so for the other two. Somewhere down the line I'll figure out what exactly it is but for now I'll just adjust for it in the watering times.

The bi daily shedule is looking to be perfect for Jack right now. When I rearranged my plants in the tent today the pot was very light. Not too light though. I also noticed that Baby had grown roots in the drip bin below and was feeding off of that.. *sigh
I have to find a good way to drain that

Back