Hey @Rebel im thinking of getting this 400w roleadro cob led is it any good? And do you think its worth it when have a mars hydro 600w.
The roleadro is like £85 and the mars cost me £250

My 600W 5W has been fantastic for me. After about a year and a half some of the cobs burnt out and after a quick email they sent me a new board and it was literally plug and play to replace it. No trouble since.

Well without having read the rest of this thread yet my question is do you need the light? I mean is it worth it meaning do you have space for it? Imo if it's a space another footprint can be for more plants then it's worth it! :d5:

I don't remember what I paid for mine... I think it may have been like $120? I'll have to go back and look. I absolutely do not regret it. It's been an asset to my tent and grown many great plants. Always lush and full. Lots of internodal growth and many satellites. It's a great little unit in my experience!

I just noticed there the cobs used in the ones i posted (maybe thats why u mentioned em)
How many plants do you have under 20
Thats hard to answer because of it being perpetual style w different strains in rotation,but its more than enough light for the area.i can pull north of 2lbs dry if i run it in single harvest cycles however perpetual fits my situation better.

20180217_201838.jpg
20180211_195533.jpg
20180211_195401.jpg
20180121_205459_HDR.jpg

Reactions: ZKJ
I don't think $2.18/watt is cheaper than $1.33/watt... I think they're good lights but it takes 4 of them ($480) to equal 1 ($319) of mine. How is that cheaper? What do you mean by better spectrum?
I think this is why we are supposed to stick to our own areas. While I’m here and since you brought up my lights ... $$ isn’t the answer to every problem. Ever hear of the daily light integral?

I don't think $2.18/watt is cheaper than $1.33/watt... I think they're good lights but it takes 4 of them ($480) to equal 1 ($319) of mine. How is that cheaper? What do you mean by better spectrum?
Here is a link to the definition of PAR - Photosynthetically active radiation which includes an explanation of spectrum.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthetically_active_radiation

The light emitted by a cob in the PAR range is not equal across the color spectrum and different COBs can have very different spectrums. They are shown on a graph like this:
ScreenHunter_138 Oct. 20 11.06.jpg
ScreenHunter_137 Oct. 20 11.06.jpg

There is endless debate about what spectrum is perfect. IMHO it is different for every plant but there is some good averages out there.

From an efficiency standpoint running @ 50% wattage with more light fixtures will cost you less for a better yield. You can also have too much or unneeded light.

Last edited:
My 600W 5W has been fantastic for me. After about a year and a half some of the cobs burnt out and after a quick email they sent me a new board and it was literally plug and play to replace it. No trouble since.

Well without having read the rest of this thread yet my question is do you need the light? I mean is it worth it meaning do you have space for it? Imo if it's a space another footprint can be for more plants then it's worth it! :d5:

I don't remember what I paid for mine... I think it may have been like $120? I'll have to go back and look. I absolutely do not regret it. It's been an asset to my tent and grown many great plants. Always lush and full. Lots of internodal growth and many satellites. It's a great little unit in my experience!
Cheers and im not to sure,the only plants ive grown under the mars 600w panel where cheap seeds.so im not sure if the light can produce good yields.i might just try it on some dutch passion seeds and see if it was the light or strain that caused a small yield

I admit, I'm a lazy bastard. I have had a Timber 4 cob 200watt system for a long time now, but have not bothered to finish the frame. If the Mars and viparspectra lights I have didn't work, I would have busted out the Timbers by now. I will be doing it soon, but I have been using the blurples for years now, and I pull pound size plants. I currently have one plant under a viparspectra 250 (200 watt) and another under a Mars 100 gen 1 (100 watt) and they are doing just fine.

So is it worth it? I don't pretend to know for sure, but one thing I do know for sure, the COB's are more efficient and have a better spectrum. I also think I will be spending less time adjusting light height once I start using them.

Back