The more I use 3000k, the more I use 3000k. It just seems to hit all of the touch points for the duration of the grow. When I started digging in to learn about auxin response, I started to realize why the red end of the spectrum is where most of the work is done in both vegetative and flowering/fruiting growth.
What CRI do you go with?

The Roleadros are definitely the best light you can get for less than $100. They're charging exactly what they should be and I respect them for that. My only issue: as far as I know the cxa3070 maxes out at around 110 watts, so the max for two would be 220 watts. It's a 36V COB and the Amazon page says the "working current" is 600mA, which would be 21.6 watts each, 21.6 x 2 =43.2 Watts. Calling it a 400W light? I'm not so sure about that.... If I'm missing something, please fill me in. Makes it confusing as fuck for everybody when I'm selling a 240W light that actually pulls 240W. Here at Black Sail we don't fuck around with specs:smoking:
I understand the actual current draw is not the same as the 400 they advertise but that is always the case with all electronics from audio components all the way down to lights. But if you guys actually advertise it at what it draws more power to you thats the way it should be. Whats your guys price point on a 400watt light.

I understand the actual current draw is not the same as the 400 they advertise but that is always the case with all electronics from audio components all the way down to lights. But if you guys actually advertise it at what it draws more power to you thats the way it should be. Whats your guys price point on a 400watt light.

The two pack would be 480 Watts, right now it's on sale for $638. That's $1.33/Watt, you'd have to get a DIY kit to get a better value:smoking: Here's the link to the Two Pack, hit me up if you have any questions at all brotha.

A little outta my price range at the moment but im saving and getting ready to build a whole new 25x45 foot new grow space and will def. Hit ya up. Im already a couple G,s into my homemade recirculating dwc system. The lights will be my last thing to buy. You got a promo code for any money off?

A little outta my price range at the moment but im saving and getting ready to build a whole new 25x45 foot new grow space and will def. Hit ya up. Im already a couple G,s into my homemade recirculating dwc system. The lights will be my last thing to buy. You got a promo code for any money off?

No promo codes yet but there's a pre-order sale going on right now and I'm doing a big sale for Black Friday. Holy shit, 25x45? Hit me up whenever you're ready and I'll take care of you bro, you don't need a coupon code. You'll get a huge discount on an order that size :smoking: I can make a 3D layout for your space if you want, it helps when you're deciding how many lights to go with. Keith@BlackSailMarket.com.

2m_x_3m_10Cannon_small.jpg

Its a entire basement and the plan is to have 4 diffrent areas 1 for seedlings and cloning, 1 for veg stage and preflower, 1 for flower, and one for drying. My biggest issue is trying to keep the energy bill at a reasonable level so not to raise any suspension from the energy companies. I am using some solar panels I got at a reasonable price and my battery bank is half built. I took solar photovoltaic's as my elective in college so im saving alot doing my own work but the components are not cheap. Luckily when most companys and people upgrade their systems they give the old system to the installers for free and I know a guy lol. So I need very efficient and effective LED lights.

Its a entire basement and the plan is to have 4 diffrent areas 1 for seedlings and cloning, 1 for veg stage and preflower, 1 for flower, and one for drying. My biggest issue is trying to keep the energy bill at a reasonable level so not to raise any suspension from the energy companies. I am using some solar panels I got at a reasonable price and my battery bank is half built. I took solar photovoltaic's as my elective in college so im saving alot doing my own work but the components are not cheap. Luckily when most companys and people upgrade their systems they give the old system to the installers for free and I know a guy lol. So I need very efficient and effective LED lights.

That's fucking awesome! Pricing out/ learning to build solar panels is on my list bro, I'd love to see pictures. I want to use/build wind turbines too. Have you looked into geothermal cooling? Growing in the basement is basically doing it already but if you dig down a few feet and snake an air duct through the ground, then bury it, all you need is a powerful fan going in and one coming out. Once you get a few feet down the ground stays cool all year long, no need for AC. I want to build a 100% sustainable model for indoor growing and that's how I'm planning on managing temps:smoking:

Yeah man LED's are the only way to go if you want to save power, and you'll be able to cut way back on the HVAC bills too. For your seedlings & clone area The Cannon would be overkill, I'd recommend some mid-power samsung strips or even Cree XP-G3's. They're extra efficient and you don't need lots of power so you can cut back on watts there too...

Wow never thought of useing the geothermal to cool my area it would work great and half the basement is a old house and still has dirt floor so its easy to do. And my biggest issue in the summer is fighting the heat and humidity. And I could run it to each grow area with registers that can be regulated. My current lights will be enough for the seedlings and about half of the veg. Area. I was thinking about smaller air turbines but I live in a valley in a heavily wooded area and dont get strong breezes. Another problem I have to solve is water filtration right now im on a well. But theres a big natural spring not to far up the mountain from my house that I plan on gravity feeding. And I have to get a bigger generator for when the power goes out just in case. Its the things you dont think of that costs the most. Ive been saving were I can by going to material auctions and gov. Surplus auctions finding anything I can use. This geothermal idea has me excited its gonna save me a whole bunch of money. Thanks man

That's fucking awesome! Pricing out/ learning to build solar panels is on my list bro, I'd love to see pictures. I want to use/build wind turbines too. Have you looked into geothermal cooling? Growing in the basement is basically doing it already but if you dig down a few feet and snake an air duct through the ground, then bury it, all you need is a powerful fan going in and one coming out. Once you get a few feet down the ground stays cool all year long, no need for AC. I want to build a 100% sustainable model for indoor growing and that's how I'm planning on managing temps:smoking:

Yeah man LED's are the only way to go if you want to save power, and you'll be able to cut way back on the HVAC bills too. For your seedlings & clone area The Cannon would be overkill, I'd recommend some mid-power samsung strips or even Cree XP-G3's. They're extra efficient and you don't need lots of power so you can cut back on watts there too...

Stand up job in being impartial! Hats off to you, buddy! Much respect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow never thought of useing the geothermal to cool my area it would work great and half the basement is a old house and still has dirt floor so its easy to do. And my biggest issue in the summer is fighting the heat and humidity. And I could run it to each grow area with registers that can be regulated. My current lights will be enough for the seedlings and about half of the veg. Area. I was thinking about smaller air turbines but I live in a valley in a heavily wooded area and dont get strong breezes. Another problem I have to solve is water filtration right now im on a well. But theres a big natural spring not to far up the mountain from my house that I plan on gravity feeding. And I have to get a bigger generator for when the power goes out just in case. Its the things you dont think of that costs the most. Ive been saving were I can by going to material auctions and gov. Surplus auctions finding anything I can use. This geothermal idea has me excited its gonna save me a whole bunch of money. Thanks man

Yes, geothermal rocks!

Lol sounds like you're building a god damn Garden of Eden to me, I'd love to be a part of it! What's the ppm on your well water? I've been using a reverse osmosis filter but it's wasteful and slow af... The good news as far as The Cannon goes is that you can drop each unit down to 50% if the power goes out and you're using a generator. You'll still have even coverage and it'll be decent enough to keep the girls growing, albeit slowly. You'll be able to cut most of your fans too.

Dude I hear you on the unexpected expenses being the worst ones, lol PayPal/Visa essentially own 3% of my gross and they didn't even buy me dinner:naughtystep:

Back