Iriee Vibez Grows With Loving Soil

Iriee Vibez

Just a guy with 3 plants and a cabinet...
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gorilla Glue, BlackBerry
Now that I have closed out the Autoseeds vs. FastBuds Gorilla Glue thread, I am creating this new one as a perpetual journal for my indoor cabinet grows. I used to be a DWC grower, and produced some nice smoke. And big plants. A few months ago, I made to switch to organic soil. I started with a base of Roots Organic and Nature’s Living soil, but have added some dry amendments to the mix. I top dress now with some compost and do brew some AACT teas ever few weeks. I have some Blumat juniors to keep the soil a constant moisture level, but I do water periodically for the top dressing to be effective.

it’s been a fun switch, as I feel like a new grower again. I love the idea of not growing with bottled nutes, and just focusing on feeding the microbes in the soil with nothing but dry organic amendments and tap water only. [lus I can attest to the flavors and effect of the cured buds. It’s definitely better in those regards. I definitely gave up a lot of yield, though. Plants are yielding less than half of what I averaged in water. With that being said, I enjoy the simplicity and the increased taste and poetency is worth the trade off.

So, currently in the cabinet I have a 53 day old Mephisto CDLC, an 18 day old Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen, and a yet to sprout Autoseeds Girl Scout Cookies. I put that directly in the soil.

CDLC Day 53

She is in the middle of the second week of flowering. She is short, and I still hope she stretches a bit. But she has quite a few bud sites, and a nice even canopy. I have added some Build A Soil Flower top dress and their craft blend to the soil, and the buds are loving it. If she isn’t going to be big, at least I will make sure she is all buds!

12C0AE5E-3D9D-48C5-887B-619B5E9BE0A3.jpeg
96890719-3B56-458E-8C29-76A6DF769106.jpeg
D4AC91E3-CF8F-4054-86C9-4BCF45F11A5C.jpeg

Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen. Day 18

I am happy with this plant’s growth so far. I grew two ANQ in DWC and they yielded 250 and 180 grams of some very tasty buds. this is the first time I am growing a plant I grew before, so I will see just how much I lose in yield. So far she is a bit behind the DWC plants at this stage, but ahead of the other Soil plants so far.

C4BF9836-3F14-4700-95F2-EA84A815C5ED.jpeg

I have another pot where I am waiting for a stubborn GSC seed to show up. Patience.

Nice bud glad I seen this I'm pulling up a chair.

CDLC Day 59
Auto Night Queen Day 25
Autoseeds GSC Day 2

I was out of town for a few days, and was happy to see the plants doing well without me. The Blumat juniors have really helped for these exact situations. This is as low maintenance a grow, as I could have imagined. Just keep the soil healthy and everything else basically takes care of itself. I can't tell you the last time I used a ph or ppm meter. I am already spoiled.

CDLC is frosting up nicely. I haven't started checking tricks yet, as she is clearly still growing those buds. I will see where she is at in a couple weeks. I haven't had to do much defoliation with this girl, as all the buds are on top and receive great exposure. She isn't a big plant, but she is purty!
CDLC Day 59, 25,2 - 4.jpg
CDLC Day 59, 25,2 - 8.jpg
CDLC Day 59, 25,2 - 2.jpg

Auto Night Queen has not been topped and I don't think I will. I have been leaf tucking to get some of the undergrowth to the light. They seem to be responding well.

CDLC Day 59, 25,2 - 5.jpg
CDLC Day 59, 25,2 - 6.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies Auto made her appearance while I was away. Good luck to her.

CDLC Day 59, 25,2 - 9.jpg

It's funny I have a plant that looks incredibly similar especially plant structure not bud structure though it's similar I would really love a big girl to grow like this mine was topped and left alone and it's better trained then my trained ones lol. Anyways you are killing it I always say plant size isn't really relevant it's all about terps and quality cannabinoids keep up the stellar work bud sending good grow vibes and karma ur way.

CDLC Day 59
Auto Night Queen Day 25
Autoseeds GSC Day 2

I was out of town for a few days, and was happy to see the plants doing well without me. The Blumat juniors have really helped for these exact situations. This is as low maintenance a grow, as I could have imagined. Just keep the soil healthy and everything else basically takes care of itself. I can't tell you the last time I used a ph or ppm meter. I am already spoiled.

CDLC is frosting up nicely. I haven't started checking tricks yet, as she is clearly still growing those buds. I will see where she is at in a couple weeks. I haven't had to do much defoliation with this girl, as all the buds are on top and receive great exposure. She isn't a big plant, but she is purty!
View attachment 1159336View attachment 1159337View attachment 1159339

Auto Night Queen has not been topped and I don't think I will. I have been leaf tucking to get some of the undergrowth to the light. They seem to be responding well.

View attachment 1159341View attachment 1159340

Girl Scout Cookies Auto made her appearance while I was away. Good luck to her.

View attachment 1159342
What nice even canopy just full of buds. I think yours has similar genetics to the middle plant I had and takes after the chemdoging short even bushy canopy.

It's funny I have a plant that looks incredibly similar especially plant structure not bud structure though it's similar I would really love a big girl to grow like this mine was topped and left alone and it's better trained then my trained ones lol. Anyways you are killing it I always say plant size isn't really relevant it's all about terps and quality cannabinoids keep up the stellar work bud sending good grow vibes and karma ur way.

Hey Fitz! As you know, I have a problem with leaving my plants alone, so not topping theANQ was very hard! Lol! She looks like she knows what she wants to do, so I am trying to resist! The CDLC was topped and trained, but I think I should have tool it easy, as shehad such a short vegging phase. I am sure I lost a bit, but what’s there sure looks good! There is still some time for fattening, too.

What nice even canopy just full of buds. I think yours has similar genetics to the middle plant I had and takes after the chemdoging short even bushy canopy.

Yep, that sounds like the same pheno! She definitely will be the frostiest strain I have grown, so I am looking forward to taste! How are your jars holding up to your tastings? Lol!

Hey Fitz! As you know, I have a problem with leaving my plants alone, so not topping theANQ was very hard! Lol! She looks like she knows what she wants to do, so I am trying to resist! The CDLC was topped and trained, but I think I should have tool it easy, as shehad such a short vegging phase. I am sure I lost a bit, but what’s there sure looks good! There is still some time for fattening, too.
I think you will be surprised I had a silton special x 3bears og that looked very small but weighed in at over 2oz and was amazing for concentrates, I'm watching close as I think I told you I was gifted some cdlc x Alf so I'm interested to see how ur develops so I get a sense of wat genetics are which when I grow them out. Have you ever topped any at 5th or 6th node if it's a longer vegging it produces well anyway bout to grab some popcorn and watch ur ladies fill out.

I think you will be surprised I had a silton special x 3bears og that looked very small but weighed in at over 2oz and was amazing for concentrates, I'm watching close as I think I told you I was gifted some cdlc x Alf so I'm interested to see how ur develops so I get a sense of wat genetics are which when I grow them out. Have you ever topped any at 5th or 6th node if it's a longer vegging it produces well anyway bout to grab some popcorn and watch ur ladies fill out.

Right on, Fitz! I like those types of surprises. i think she will do 2 ounces, by the looks of things. I am hoping she wants to be even more! Should be great weed, judging by the smell, frost, and stickiness. Fun to watch these next couple weeks for sure. Thanks for keeping an eye on things. Do you like that hot cheese popcorn from Wise? Goof stuff!

Back